Thread: Qt4 -vs6-w2k

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Angry Qt4 -vs6-w2k

I'm having a problem creating the Hello World example.

I installed the windows OpenSource version of QT 4.2.1. Having done so I could not get (Build Debug Libraries). On one of the QT forums someone suggested that if I installed mingw32-make-3.80.0-3 seperately that that would solve the problem. It did. I was able to build the debug libraries. (I mention this so that you will know how I got to where I am)

Assuming the install was working correctly I started my introduction to QT by working with the examples. I typed in the infamous 'Hello World' examle, changed to the helloWorld directory, and tried to compile it.

/* hello.pro my version using excerpts from the docs */

qmake -win32 -makefile -hello.pro
    qmake

qmake generates a Makefile.Debug and a Makefile.Release file but no executable.

Then I tried:

qmake -project
    qmake -win32 -makefile -helloWorld.pro /*QT's version of the helloWorld.pro file*/
    qmake

Outcome was the same

I noticed some examples here that also used make so I tried 'make'. I received the following error.

C:\QT\projects\helloWorld>make
    mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/QT/projects/helloWorld'
    g++ -c -g -g -Wall -frtti -fexceptions -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL
    -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"C:/Qt/4.2.1/
    include/QtCore" -I"C:/Qt/4.2.1/include/QtCore" -I"C:/Qt/4.2.1/include/QtGui" -I"
    C:/Qt/4.2.1/include/QtGui" -I"C:/Qt/4.2.1/include" -I"C:/Qt/4.2.1/include/Active
    Qt" -I"debug" -I"." -I"..\..\..\Qt\4.2.1\mkspecs\win32-g++" -o debug\main.o main
    .cpp
    'g++' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug\main.o] Error 1
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/QT/projects/helloWorld'
    mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do here? After four days of configuring, searching docs and forums I'm about ready to delete QT and write it off as a bad experience.
    Last edited by dKoder; 2nd November 2006 at 20:07.