Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11

Default Re: People prefer old forum.

Quote Originally Posted by theLSB
    Well, google is listing sites by traffic, so it will take some time till this site will come before the old one.
    Google's method of indexing is by the number of links it discovers, not traffic, which is quite well-known and is the reason people spam blogs, in order to generate links for their site to boost their rankings on Google.

So, the way to sort out the issue of QtCentre's Google position is to encourage those who linked to the old forum to move their links here, and those people running Qt-related websites who don't link to here (or to QtF) to link here. I did on A Qt Blog the day I heard that the people who started it had moved here. This is now the only genuine Qt programmers' community website that I know of, so in time its rating will rise accordingly. It now appears on page 3 of any search for "qt" on Google.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: People prefer old forum.

Google's method of indexing is by the number of links it discovers, not traffic, which is quite well-known and is the reason people spam blogs, in order to generate links for their site to boost their rankings on Google.
    True, I stand corrected, thanks for pointing this out.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank