Thread: Unable to Compile Application (Qt SDK v1.1.2) from Command Prompt - Windows 7

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Symbian S60

Question Unable to Compile Application (Qt SDK v1.1.2) from Command Prompt - Windows 7

Hello Guys,
    I am sorry if this has been asked before but I could not find an answer to my question.
    Hence I have to ask it by making this thread.

I downloaded QT SDK v1.1.2 Offline Installer for Windows 7 64-bit (.exe) quite a while ago but couldn't learn QT at that time.I started learning it a bit now,hence installed the QT SDK v1.1.2 on my C: Drive.
    But I made a application called "Hello World" from the tutorials available and hence created a .cpp and a .pro file to compile it.
    So now tried to compile it(I don't know if QT SDK has a compiler or not as I haven't installed any compiler like Visual C etc.) in Command Prompt of Windows and as I use qmake to compile the Command Prompt shows "'qmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file." error.
    Now I started searching through the Internet for setting the Environment Variable Paths for qmake but everywhere I found different paths for adding but those paths were not available on my drive!(Don't have qt/bin folder etc.) I am attaching a Screenshot of my QtSDK folder in C: Drive.
    So please someone reply me with the solution to compile the applications from command prompt. Thanxx and sorry for my super newbie questions. :P

My QTSDK Folder

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt5
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: Unable to Compile Application (Qt SDK v1.1.2) from Command Prompt - Windows 7

You can manually add the path to qmake into environment variables path or you can use the shortcut from StartMenu/Qt SDK/Desktop/Qt 4.x.x for Desktop (MinGW) - this one sets the paths to qmake (and it should also set the path to qt libraries)

3. The following user says thank you to Zlatomir for this useful post:

F3AR (4th June 2012)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Symbian S60

Default Re: Unable to Compile Application (Qt SDK v1.1.2) from Command Prompt - Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatomir View Post
    You can manually add the path to qmake into environment variables path or you can use the shortcut from StartMenu/Qt SDK/Desktop/Qt 4.x.x for Desktop (MinGW) - this one sets the paths to qmake (and it should also set the path to qt libraries)
    mate thanxx for the reply +1... it solved the qmake problem but after running
    qmake -project
    qmake
    the nmake and make command are showing that "not recognized as an internal or external command" error.
    Please help..
    Last edited by F3AR; 4th June 2012 at 07:30.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

You are using the bundled MingW tools. The make command is mingw32-make

6. The following user says thank you to ChrisW67 for this useful post:

F3AR (4th June 2012)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Symbian S60

Thanxx mate after that I got
    Qt Code:
    1. mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
    2. mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/Pranoy/Desktop/New folder'
    3. g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -
    4. DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -
    5. DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"..\..\..\
    6. ..\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\..\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\
    7. 4.7.3\mingw\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\..\..\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include"
    8. -I"." -I"..\..\..\..\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\include\ActiveQt" -I"debug" -I
    9. "..\..\..\..\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\mkspecs\default" -o debug\project.o pr
    10. oject.cpp
    11. g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-rel
    12. oc -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o "debug\New folder.exe" debug/project.
    13. o -L"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCor
    14. ed4 -LC:\OpenSSL-Win32_full\lib
    15. g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-rel
    16. oc -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o "debug\New folder.exe" debug/project.
    17. o -L"c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCor
    18. ed4 -LC:\OpenSSL-Win32_full\lib
    19. mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/Pranoy/Desktop/New folder'
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    after that nothing happen... what I have to do next to run the application?
    Last edited by F3AR; 4th June 2012 at 07:42.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Run "debug\New Folder.exe"

Are you avoiding the Qt Creator IDE that ships in the Qt SDK for a reason?

9. The following user says thank you to ChrisW67 for this useful post:

F3AR (4th June 2012)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Symbian S60

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW67 View Post
    Run "debug\New Folder.exe"

Are you avoiding the Qt Creator IDE that ships in the Qt SDK for a reason?
    I am unable to create project from qt creator properly... there are too make options there..
    Actually I am learning QT to develop applications for symbian devices... and I cant get perfect info that what is to be learned to develop those...
    I know C and fairly C++ but I have never developed any application...
    Can you list the languages which I have to learn for the purpose...?
    I saw QML also... but I dont know will that help me in making applications...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows Symbian S60

Hello.. Can anyone reply??