Thread: QIde, a new IDE for Qt4

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QIde, a new IDE for Qt4

miscompiles here (qt42 rsync)
    src/textEdit.cpp:846: warning: ‘linesAdded’ may be used uninitialized in this function
    g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtUiTools -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtCore -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtCore -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtGui -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtGui -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtXml -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include/QtXml -I/usr/local/Trolltech/qt4-rsync/include -I. -Isrc -Isrc/ui -Ibuild/moc -Ibuild/ui -o build/o/unix/treeproject.o src/treeproject.cpp
    src/treeproject.cpp: In member function ‘void TreeProject::slotShowAsNormal()’:
    src/treeproject.cpp:251: error: expected `;' before ‘}’ token
    src/treeproject.cpp: In member function ‘void TreeProject::slotShowAsKrawek()’:
    src/treeproject.cpp:265: error: expected `;' before ‘}’ token
    make: *** [build/o/unix/treeproject.o] Error 1
    Last edited by jacek; 27th September 2006 at 19:34. Reason: changed [ code ] to [ quote ] to allow wrapping

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Imported class do not show in the class view.
    No, subdirs are well supported. The problem I think is a sub-project name identical to the main project name. No? If it is that I work there.

external libs, lib paths and external include paths can be added in options dialog by create a new variable in variables tab.

Opening a project file on text editor is not the solution, QIde must understand and create all project files.

Elcuco : I forgot “;” after setAnimated (false), put it.
    QDevelop, an complete Integrated Development Environment for Qt 4: http://qdevelop.org

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

The problem of tree classes is solved I think and of ";" after setAnimated. On download section, I put the lasted development version 0.20. It is unstable (though) but contains the corrections.
    Last edited by jlbrd; 28th September 2006 at 09:18.
    QDevelop, an complete Integrated Development Environment for Qt 4: http://qdevelop.org

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by jlbrd View Post
    No, subdirs are well supported. The problem I think is a sub-project name identical to the main project name. No? If it is that I work there.
    No the name is not identical.
    I just tried it under linux, there it works fine.
    I guess this has to do with the fact its under windows.
    Maybe an issue withe the way the path notation is handeled under windows?
    external libs, lib paths and external include paths can be added in options dialog by create a new variable in variables tab.
    I know, I also said that in my comments.
    But when I have 10 various lib locations, and include locations, and I need to add manually INCLUDEPATH += and the libs path in the pro config line, then the pro config dialog prety much misses its use (in my oppinion).
    But the problem is that the config dialog is messing up the pro file - see attached.
    In the attached pro file I added INCLUDEPATH = /some/path/to/test.
    See how it was saved.
    Opening a project file on text editor is not the solution, QIde must understand and create all project files.
    Agreed, but as long as its not the situation (i.e configuration through QIde is not working well) it should be possible to edit the pro file directly, as a file in QIde.
    Last edited by high_flyer; 28th September 2006 at 12:01.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I forgot the attachment in the last post..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Can you send me your project here or by mail for find and correct the problem?

For INCLUDEPATH is your project file : I tested and no problem for me. I loaded the project and after I added the variable as on screenshot. After saving the content of file is good. With a second variable added no problem too.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Can you send me your project here or by mail for find and correct the problem of classes explorer?

For INCLUDEPATH in your project file : I tested and no problem for me. I loaded the project and after I added the variable as on screenshot. After saving the content of file is good. With a second variable added no problem too.

Last edited by jlbrd; 28th September 2006 at 18:20.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Ok, thanks for that, I see where I did things wrong.
    Instead of using the variables tab, I entered the the INCLUDEPATH line (i.e INCLUDEPATH = /some/path) in the "free CONFIG variables".
    If I had thought about it a bit more I should have known what is meant by that line.
    But if I made that mistake others could do it as well.
    Maybe you should rename it to "additional CONFIG options" (just a suggestion).

I still think that you should add the following tabs to the project config dialog:
    includes,libraries (where the libraries tab should be split to 'libs' and 'lib paths').
    These two tabs will allow the user to select the paths instead of entering them manually.
    I would add them my self, but I just don't have the time at the moment.
    It is true, that this is redundant, since you can do that via tha variables tab.
    But include paths, libs, and lib paths are used in every project, and they demand that you search the locations and then type them (or copy paste) which is tedious or prone to typos.
    That is why other IDES offer that, including KDevelop.
    Other pro file variables are not so common, and for these the Variables tab is good.
    Last edited by high_flyer; 28th September 2006 at 18:41.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I downloaded and built QIde on Windows with no problems.

It's quite an excellent beginning. I hope a community gathers around it - I think there are many people who would rather work in a capable, simple IDE than in a terminal window.

I'd suggest a bug-reporting page on your website. M'ci bo-ku, Jean-Luc.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

well i built it without problems on win XP SP2. When i opened QIde it complained, that it cannot find make - well i have mingw installed in c:\mingw and the Qt Command prompt as well as codeblocks don't seem to have problems finding my make.
    What environment variable exactly is Qide searching for?
    Nevertheless i opened a project, opened a sourcefile within the project and at once everything crashed. Happens in 0.19 as well as 0.20. Want me to build a debugversion and send you what drmingw tells me of it?

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

To use make simply add c:\mingw\bin in your PATH variable environment. For the crash, please send me your project by mail (if it's possible) to find and correct the problem. My mail address is on qide.free.fr
    Thanks,
    JL

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by jlbrd View Post
    To use make simply add c:\mingw\bin in your PATH variable environment.
    Shouldn't you rather go for the C:\Qt\4.1.4\bin\make.bat to be compliant with how qt handles that itself?

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

No, really it's MinGW32-make who is called to build project (make.bat is not always present). You must add the path to this executable to your PATH environment variable.
    Last edited by jlbrd; 1st October 2006 at 17:52.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

ok, it works. now that it finds make it doesn't crash anymore. Also ctags needs to be in path to be found... hmm. probably it would be nice to be able to configure a different path for it - i don't really see why i should want ctags to be in my path.
    is there a chance to tell ctags to go through all the qt-libs for autocompletion as well?

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

As I recovered the domain name, QIde becomes QDevelop. New name, new site: accessible here: http://qdevelop.org.

Please do not use this thread but that of QDevelop.