Thread: Importing qt project to an eclipse workspace

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Importing qt project to an eclipse workspace

In Eclipse, I can import qt projects by using import under file menu or from context menu of project explorer. However, the problem is that the project files physically do not get copied (or moved) to the workspace.
    When I import a Java project, the import dialog gives me a check box if I want to physically copy all files to the current workspace. It seems like this check box does not exist in the import dialog for qt projects.
    Copying the project folder to the workspace does not work either. Import dialog complains about importing a project in the current workspace.
    Is there a way to import a qt project with copying project files in to the current workspace?
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Importing qt project to an eclipse workspace

Can't you copy the files first and then import them?

If you feel that this should be fixed, you can always send a suggestion to the Trolls.

3. The following user says thank you to jacek for this useful post:

isahin (28th January 2008)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Importing qt project to an eclipse workspace

I work around this problem as follows:
    1 - I create a new qt project in the workspace that I want to put my project. Sometimes, I have to modify what is included in the project, i.e. delete or add some #include macros
    2 - I copy files under this project folder. After copying, I have to edit my .pro file in Eclipse and manually include the .cpp and .h files. Note that restarting Eclipse does not modify .pro file automatically.

As an alternative to step 2, right clicking in Project Explorer area and choosing Import comment and choosing the files does the same job.

It would be nice, if these are automatically taken care of by Qt Integration unit. I will make a suggestion to Trolltech.

Thanks.