Thread: Qt4 Designer in openSUSE 10.3

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Qt4 Designer in openSUSE 10.3

I just tried continuing a project I started on openSUSE 10.2, but in Qt4 Designer on openSUSE 10.3, I didn't see any of the SLOTs. I tried updating the "devel" packages in Yast, now Qt4 Designer doesn't come up at all. The Qt3 stuff still works, but I wanted to stick with Qt4. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Qt4 Designer in openSUSE 10.3

Quote Originally Posted by BrainFreeze View Post
    I just tried continuing a project I started on openSUSE 10.2, but in Qt4 Designer on openSUSE 10.3, I didn't see any of the SLOTs. I tried updating the "devel" packages in Yast, now Qt4 Designer doesn't come up at all. The Qt3 stuff still works, but I wanted to stick with Qt4. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?
    Qt4.x Framework is totally different from Qt3. So, don't think for Qt4 like Qt3 .
    http://doc.trolltech.com/4.0/qt4-intro.html
    Anurag Shukla
    A man who never makes mistake is the man who never does anything! Theodre Rosvelt!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

You misunderstood me. I was using Qt4 in openSUSE 10.2 AND now openSUSE 10.3. Sorry for the confusion. The only difference is a newer version of openSUSE, unless maybe it's a newer version of Qt4 designer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

J-P Nurmi

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

I tried adding CONFIG += debug but nothing shows up. The problem isn't that I'm using a non-existent signal or something of that nature. When I last worked on this in an earlier version of openSUSE, the SLOTs and connections I had at that time are gone now. I didn't make any changes to the program when I transferred it to the new version of openSUSE. I'll have to fire up the older hard drive to see what version of Qt4 Designer it has, if that info helps any. Currently I'm running Qt Designer 4.3.1. I'm not sure if it's an issue with openSUSE 10.3 or not.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Ok, I checked the other drive, same thing! Apparently it's been longer than I realized, must have forgotten all this stuff! I'll have to read my books again, and figure out what I'm doing wrong. How embarrassing! I can't see the SLOTs and connections I added, but they must be there, because the buttons I created new SLOTs for are still working when I run the program. Sorry I wasted everyone's time. Thanks anyway.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

I figured out the problem. The SLOTs I added weren't in QtDesigner because they are added in the .cpp and .h reimplementation files! Now I'm REALLY embarrassed! I guess I shouldn't let months pass between programming sessions. Again, I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time. Thanks again!