Thread: QTableView and checkboxes

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default QTableView and checkboxes

Hi all,

I have a QTableView where I've created my own delegate to draw checkboxes for a column. I re-implemented paint() and use drawCheck(...) inside.

I have two problems;

1) The checkox is not immediately accessible when I click on a cell, I have to double-click the cell to activate the editor. What can I do to make the checkbox active immediately so the the user can just click once to toggle the value?

2) The editor becomes left-justified in the cell (see attachment). I want it to be centered just like the paint() method draws them.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ingemar
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: QTableView and checkboxes

Hi, I'd suggest taking a look at src/gui/itemviews/qitemdelegate.cpp, especially QItemDelegate::editorEvent(). The delegate should handle check states without editors.
    J-P Nurmi

3. The following user says thank you to jpn for this useful post:

ibergmark (23rd February 2008)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by jpn View Post
    Hi, I'd suggest taking a look at src/gui/itemviews/qitemdelegate.cpp
    Shucks...I keep forgetting that I have the original source code for the framework

I have converted recently from the Microsoft .NET framework, where if I had a problem, there was no way to find out how the framework accomplished something.
    IMHO, not only does Qt surpass .NET, but it has the added benefit of learning the framework by reading the source.

The fact that the apps can be compiled for multiple platforms is icing on the cake

Thanks again for a great forum!
    / Ingemar

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Hi again,

I've got everything working now with my delegate, however there is one very annoying thing that happens after a field has been updated:
    The whole view re-populates itself!

I want to have the change commited to the database immediately so I have set my editStrategy to OnFieldChange. If I change to OnManualSubmit it works as expected.

I looked at the original source code and the QSqlTableModel does a select() after an update when the editStrategy is OnFieldChange.

What I'm wondering about is what happens if you use a QSqlTableModel to edit a large table? After scrolling far down the list and then edit a field, the view is re-populated and the position is lost, so you have to scroll down again
    Is it really like this, or have I missed something?

Regards,
    / Ingemar