Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Integration of qwt plugin to qtdesigner?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: Integration of qwt plugin to qtdesigner?

I already tried to copy qwt_designer_plugin.dll to Visual Studio Integration plugins directory but it is still not shown. Does Integration have some about plugins directory too?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I get this message when Visual Studio is loaded: QLibrary::load_sys: Cannot load C:/Program Files/Trolltech/Qt VS Integration/plugins/qwt_designer_plugin.dll (The specified module could not be found.)

No further information is given about what module is missing.

If I try to design some form with standalone Designer and then run it, it just exits when executing QwtPlot* qwtplot=new QwtPlot(); EDIT: I just had to move a qwtplot widget a little inside Visual Studio, so it started to uicing and mocing again and it suddenly started to work.
    Last edited by Tiansen; 10th March 2008 at 10:47.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Ok, now I figured out some more things.

Problem with qwt plugin not showing in designer if built in release mode has been caused by miktex installation, that includes some qt libraries that were used instead of my custom build. I still have two questions:

1. My Qwt5.dll is now also built in release mode. But I noticed I can use it also in release mode only when building program with Visual Studio. If I build my program in debug mode, then my program just exits when trying to show a graph. How to solve this? Can Qwt be build with -debug-and-release option as Qt? I obviously need both versions. Or should I build debug and release versions separately?

2. Qwt plugin (built in release) now also works fine in Designer. However in Visual Studio it still does not work. I get this message: QLibrary::load_sys: Cannot load C:/Program Files/Trolltech/Qt VS Integration/plugins/qwt_designer_plugin.dll (The specified module could not be found.) According to Dependency Walker all dependencies are met and correct libraries are used.

Hi there

I had similar problem also - Qt designer (Qt v4.4.0) failed to load qwt v5.1.1 plugin compiled with mingw32 in release mode. The solution was to completely delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\OrganizationD efaults\Qt Plugin Cache 4.3.false\C:\Qt\plugins\designer registry key. Source: http://www.qtforum.org/article/21211...lling-qwt.html

Kind regards
    Rad Radish