Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Overlapping Widgets and the Application

Hi,
    I have requirement like
    The MainWindow has a number of buttons and when each button is triggered. The Central Widget of the main window should be filled with different forms depending on the button, the user had clicked. The Button user clicked will have a parent that is not a part of central widget lets have it as left widget. Then Again the Sub Window loaded to the central widget will have few buttons.clicking on each will again load a window to the container window which has the same parent as the button in the sub window. and so on ..

I can design it in the following options...
    1.Have all the related controls in frames and show them when ever each button is clicked.
    The Disadvantages i felt with the above method is that there are number of overlapping widgets. Hence it is getting difficult to design the application as the number of controls increase.Applying Layouts becomes impossible because of overlapping widgets

2.Have the Central widget and design a form separately whenever a button is clicked from the left widget , show the form by setting the central widget as the parent to it. And Follow the Same with all the sub forms.When it is necessary to load some other form into central widget close the form that has been open and load the other form and set the parent for it as Central Widget.

3.Make the Central Widget as a stacked widget and display the corresponding page whenever each button is clicked from the left widget.
    The Problem i have with this widget is that i dont want to display the page navigation buttons of the stacked widget to be shown on the screen.All The Pages in the Stacked widget will be shown based on the button user had clicked.

I have the Following Questions now...
    Is it possible to hide the page navigation buttons of a stacked widget?

I feel the Second method is the best!The Third can be used only if am able to hide the navigation buttons of the stacked widget.
    Is there any other method available to implement my requirement in an efficient way with lease possible memory usage?
    i need to use layouts so that resizing becomes easier.

Suggest a method.

--
    Thanks in advance...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Overlapping Widgets and the Application

Had u cheked the Configuration Dialog example in the QtDemo ??
    Your requirement seems similar...
    hope i understood right