Thread: A Guide to Install MinGW, Qt4 and Eclipse Integration on Windows XP

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default A Guide to Install MinGW, Qt4 and Eclipse Integration on Windows XP

It cost me two days to install MinGW, Qt4 and Eclipse Integration on Windows XP, and make debug work. Some people meets problems like Build Debug Libraries cannot make, or "mingw32-make[2]: *** [..\..\lib\QtCored4.dll] Error 1", and so on. So I write this guide, hope it can save some time for you.

1. Download "Automated MinGW Installer" from http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=2435, Install it. Notice you should choose g++ and mingw32-make.
    2. Download "GNU Source-Level Debugger" from http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=2435, decompress it to the directory where you installed MinGW. Please choose no when the decompression software asks you whether to cover the file with the same name.
    3. Download "Qt/Windows Open Source Edition" from http://trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/windows. Install it.
    4. Download "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers" from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/, decompress it to a directory. If you have already have an eclipse for Java development, you can only install "cdt".
    5. Download "Qt Eclipse Integration Downloads" from http://trolltech.com/developer/downl...ation-download, install it.
    6. Set your system's Environment Variables. This step is very important. If you miss it, you may meet a lot of problems. E:\Develop is the place where I installed MinGW and Qt to.
    Add E:\Develop\MinGW\bin and E:\Develop\Qt\4.3.4\bin to Path,
    Add E:\Develop\MinGW\lib and E:\Develop\Qt\4.3.4\lib to Lib (if no Lib, please create one),
    Add E:\Develop\MinGW\include and E:\Develop\Qt\4.3.4\include to Include (if no Include, please create one),
    Reboot your computer.
    7. In Start menu\All Applications\Qt by Trolltech v4.3.4 (OpenSource), please find Qt 4.3.4 (Build Debug Libraries) and execute it. Note that it will take two hours' time and 3GB's free space's on the partition where you installed Qt to.
    8. Write your program in Eclipse with Qt.
    9. Click the bug icon and select "Open Debug Dialog...", add a new configuration in C/C++ Local Application, notice that C/C++ Application should be "debug/*.exe", not "release/*.exe"! Choose Debug and set Debugger to gdb/mi. And then, you can try to debug.
    10. That's all. Hope you will not meet the problems.

Please notice the step 6 is the most important. And you must reboot computer and add these directories to Environment Variables.

I hope this guide will help you.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: A Guide to Install MinGW, Qt4 and Eclipse Integration on Windows XP

If you still meet problem like "gdb: unknown target exception 0xc0000135 at 0x7c964ed1", please add E:\Develop\Qt\4.3.4\lib to Path in your system's Environment Variables.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

very good your lesson, I have a linker problem :

- cannot find -lqtmaind
    - make: ***[debug] Error 2
    - make[1]: ***[debug/primer.exe] Error 1

thanks

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi edwingsp

did you try the step 7 of the guide
    to build the debug libraries,

I also had this error because before to build the debug libs

SunnySan

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi Shiyutang,

Great guide thanks

about the step 2 , install the debugger package you said that you install it inside the MinGW directory. But some files in the lib and include have the same names.
    did you only install the /bin of the debugger gdb.exe and gdbserver.exe which are different.

or did you install a subdirectory with all the debugger tree in it.

thanks

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

total thanks

resolved problem

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySan View Post
    Hi Shiyutang,

Great guide thanks

about the step 2 , install the debugger package you said that you install it inside the MinGW directory. But some files in the lib and include have the same names.
    did you only install the /bin of the debugger gdb.exe and gdbserver.exe which are different.

or did you install a subdirectory with all the debugger tree in it.

thanks
    please read carefully
    2. Download "GNU Source-Level Debugger" from http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=2435, decompress it to the directory where you installed MinGW. Please choose no when the decompression software asks you whether to cover the file with the same name.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

this depends on the program u used to decompress (I use 7-zip)

also do you overwrite all files in you case
    I noticed that only the gdb.exe and the gdbserver.exe are missing and the other files do not have the same version.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I have configured like given in the guide.... but i am getting the following errors

c:\qt\4.4.0\include\qtcore\../../src/corelib/global/qglobal.h C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stddef.h': No such file or directory

NMAKE U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'

NMAKE U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
    Last edited by ranna; 17th June 2009 at 13:30. Reason: Missed some data

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

hi, i followed the procedure in installing qt4 and eclipse in windows but i still get the:

"Unresolved inclusion: <QApplication>"

error when i include <QApplication> in my code.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

i got it working.

when creating a new project choose Qt project instead of C++.

File > New > Project > Qt Gui Project