Thread: Is there any cool style for windows?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Smile Is there any cool style for windows?

Hi all, I have been looking at the mac style widget gallery from the Qt docs and I've found it it very cool. Do you know if anyone has intented to port it to windows? Or if exists any similar or other style for windows than the styles that come with Qt?
    Last edited by SkripT; 29th March 2006 at 13:26.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Is there any cool style for windows?

Quote Originally Posted by SkripT
    Hi all, I have been looking at the mac style widget gallery from the Qt docs and I've found it it very cool. Do you know if anyone has intented to port it to windows? Or if exists any similar or other style for windows than the styles that come with Qt?
    It can't be ported to Windows because the Qt Mac style uses the native OSX theming engine, in the same way that the Windows XP style cannot be ported to Mac or UNIX. Have a look at kde-look.org though, there are some OSX-like styles there. If you download the source code, you may be able to get one of them working on Windows.
    Save yourself some pain. Learn C++ before learning Qt.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Blood Machine
    It can't be ported to Windows because the Qt Mac style uses the native OSX theming engine, in the same way that the Windows XP style cannot be ported to Mac or UNIX. Have a look at kde-look.org though, there are some OSX-like styles there. If you download the source code, you may be able to get one of them working on Windows.
    Thanks for the link Chicken Blood Machine, but I think that could be a dificult task to get one of them working for Windows and also I still have a lot of work to do in my app I've found this link with some styles for win32 http://www.kelta.net/index.php?optio...d=12&Itemid=38 Anybody knows other links to donwload more styles for windows?

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by SkripT
    Thanks for the link Chicken Blood Machine, but I think that could be a dificult task to get one of them working for Windows and also I still have a lot of work to do in my app I've found this link with some styles for win32 http://www.kelta.net/index.php?optio...d=12&Itemid=38 Anybody knows other links to donwload more styles for windows?
    It might not be as hard as you think, I believe most KDE styles use the Qt library alone (no KDE stuff) and so it should be just a case of recompiling the style on Windows (obviously, you'll have to fix any compilation errors).

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

It might not be as hard as you think, I believe most KDE styles use the Qt library alone (no KDE stuff) and so it should be just a case of recompiling the style on Windows (obviously, you'll have to fix any compilation errors).
    I will take a look at it, but I'm not so sure that it use the Qt library alone...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Actually, most KDE styles do use some KDE stuff. One common area are pixmap effects, such as gradients. It should still be easy to port many styles to plain Qt though, it just won't be completely effortless.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Brandybuck
    Actually, most KDE styles do use some KDE stuff. One common area are pixmap effects, such as gradients. It should still be easy to port many styles to plain Qt though, it just won't be completely effortless.
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Has anybody tried to compile succesfuly any of the styles found on kelta.net with Qt4.x?