Thread: I cannot run the phonon demos in the PXA270!Can someone help me?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default I cannot run the phonon demos in the PXA270!Can someone help me?

I want to play a vedio in my platform :PXA270.
    I want to use the phonon of Qt/E4.4.0 in the arm platform. It has no KDE.
    I build the qt/e in the /mnt/nfs/qte6, and under the/mnt/nfs/qte6/plugins/phonon_backend there is a file named libphonon_gstreamer.so.
    when I run the examples,
    $ ./capabilities
    WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
    WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
    $ ./musicplayer
    Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject(no objectName) to Phonon::AudioOutput(no objectName).

What can i do ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Default Re: I cannot run the phonon demos in the PXA270!Can someone help me?

What does 'ldd libphonon_gstreamer.so' output?
    J-P Nurmi

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I use the tool "arm-linux-gcc" to build it, so the libphonon_gstreamer.so is not a dynamic executable .
    The output of "ldd libphonon_gstreamer.so" is that " not a dynamic executable" .
    Now , I am afriad whether the phonon can be used for the platform of arm .
    Or , myber there is some other questions !
    I need some help !
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

arm-linux-ldd?
    J-P Nurmi

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

At first , thanks for your reply!
    In my system , there is not a comand named "arm-linux-ldd" . But I try arm-linux-ld , and I found there are some libraries requited.
    After that , I add all the libraries into the LD_LIBRARY_PATH , but a new problem came!
    The erro is like below:
    "
    Warning : You do not seem to have the base GStreamer plugins installed . ALL audio and video support has been disabled!
    Phonon::GStreamer::Backend :Failed to initialize.
    (<unknow>):879):GStreamer-CRITICAL**:gst_object_ref:assertion `object !=null` failed.

"
    Now , i want to know how I can install the full Gstreamer-plugins-base .

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Hey Justin, I have a similar problem. Did you ever get it resolved?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Hi,
    Go to the http://www.gstreamer.net/ website and download the libraries you need. The base library will be there. You have to cross compile for arm.
    I got it working with my PXA320 however the performance was slow. Let me know how it works out.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Unhappy Re: I cannot run the phonon demos in the PXA270!Can someone help me?

Have anybody solved this problem? i have compiled the embedded linux with BuildRoot 2009.08 including inside QT, Phonom, GStreamer and the pluging too. i have check that the files were in the file system and i have done symbolic links for everywhere and stil get the same error:

Phonon::GStreamer::Backend: Failed to initialize GStreamer

And then all the list of consequently errors.

I'm using an ARM 9263 but i have the same error than you.

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Hi!

sorry for my english,

so, i'm using qt4.5.1 embedded for arm9, and I compiled it and all was ok.

You have to compile it in your host pc with the correct options, and then copy the files from */Qt-embedded-4*/lib/
    (You must copy all libs, only the libs and the extension are, *.so.4 of all. You have to cpy the fonts folder too. ) to the same url on the target than in your pc */Qt-embedded-4*/lib/

And then, copy de folder, */Qt-embedded-4*/plugins/, to the same url than your pc host. That's all

bye