Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Question Newbie question regarding multi platform development

Hello,
    I am looking for a "best practice" for a installation setup to be ready to develop
    QT4 Apps. for Windows XP and Windows Mobile 6.1 devices. Main goal is to use only free (open source) tools to do so. I heard that it is required to download MS visual studio, emulator,...
    My question is how should I install QT so that it can be used for Mobile Devices and on PC?
    Do I need 2 QT installations, which one is compiled for Windows and the other WM6.1 use? How to deal with PATH variables, ...
    Is there anybody there who has this situation (Windows/WM6.1) and would like to tell me what to install and how? (Sorry I am relative new to programming, so don't be to severe)

Does it make sence to compile QT static and not static in two different folder, so that both can be used. When I build with debug-and-release are the QT binaries also build with this or are there two versions somewhere inside the QT folder structure. My idea is to keep the .exe small as possible when building staticalay and without debug info in the same?!

Thx in advance!
    Last edited by bronkopavel; 5th September 2008 at 10:19. Reason: Additional question

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Newbie question regarding multi platform development

High,

are those questions such stupid or is there nobody with an answer?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Newbie question regarding multi platform development

If you are going for cross platform development on Qt you need to do the follwoing
    1) install cross tools on the host(PC)
    2) install Qtopia 4.4 on the PC and then cross compile for the target...read the Qt docs carefully for this....
    thanks,
    raman