Hey all,

Okay, so I have a problem. I am trying to write an application that will allow the user to take a picture (using, currently, a logitech webcam) of an individual. Now, I've taken this project over from another person who is no longer with the company and there are wsome things that seem strange to me. First off, the current version allows the user to load an image from the hard drive, a functionality that we want to keep. However, the image is being loaded as a pixmap into a QLabel object (strange?). So question 1, is that ideal?
In the new version that we are writing, we want to be able to capture that image from a webcam connected to the computer as well as read one off the HD. The webcam is a Logitech if that matters and according to Logitech, it supports a DirectShow interface for controlling it. Here's the issue: if I want to display the live stream in the window and allow the user to click a 'capture image' button when the subject is correctly in the frame how do I go about showing that in the QT UI? In reading through the forums and things, I've learned that this might be an application for Phonon; correct? But I don't see an Phonon Widgets in the QT Designer. Is that a seperate thing I'll need to buy?
Thanks for the help with my previous questions. You've all been a great help in the past.

Jason