Thread: how to get the result of ping without displaying the ping operation in terminal

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Question how to get the result of ping without displaying the ping operation in terminal

hi friends/experts;
    I got struck in a system call system("ping -W 0.5 -c 1 192.1.. . .. .") where the
    system call return 0 on receiving response and else on unreached ...
    my problem is that how can i make that system call not to be displayed on terminal because it obscuring the dialog that to be open next also it take lot of time if the host unreached
    i use QProcess() and it works as it wont display the ping transmit in terminal but ccan get the result value ( 0->host reached else->unreached) QProcess() giving different value ,also i dont have to create new files to transfer the output ....
    how can i do that ... how can i just get the system call value without running it... is there any way in Qt...
    please help me .....

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: how to get the result of ping without displaying the ping operation in terminal

i) shell redirection: system("ping ... > /dev/null") // linux
    ii) use QProcess