Thread: is it possible to install qwt in a linux machine without being the administrator?

Default is it possible to install qwt in a linux machine without being the administrator?

Hello everybody!!

Well, this is my problem. I have to build an aplication that works with graphics and in Qt for a scholl work, so i want to use qwt, but it isn't installed in the scholls machines and i haven't the permissions to install in the systems directories (usr, bin, ...), so... i'm wondering, is possible to install only in my home??

thanks very much!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: is it possible to install qwt in a linux machine without being the administrator?

Yes, you can install it whereever you like it and then point qmake to it using the project file as you would do for any other library.

Default Re: is it possible to install qwt in a linux machine without being the administrator?

well, i forgot to say that i'm a very newbie linux user...

so... how can i redirect qmake?? and i think i need to say where i want to install in some Makefile (because the installation of the qwt is using qmake, make, make install). and i don't know where.

thanks everybody!!

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Edit qwtconfig.pri and change the directory behind the INSTALLBASE keyword. Use a directory that you own, f.e something in your home directory.

Uwe