Thread: rotate operation and cpu usage

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default rotate operation and cpu usage

hi;

i have a little problem about rotate operation and cpu usage. i have 3 images in my application that i use to draw scrolling graphs. i update first line of images and memcpy line i to i+1. when i do that with no rotate operation; which makes my graphs like waterfall, scrolling from up to down; my cpu usage is almost 0. but i need it to be from right to left. i use rotate operation to do that but each image causes like %13 cpu usage ; which is trouble for my application for the future".

scanline function works for horizontal line of qimage and i couldnt find an horizontal line scanning operation. (i think it is because of how images being kept in memory)

can you give me some advice about what should i do to see almost 0 cpu usage.
    using opengl will work?
    and plx dont refer to "qwt" ^ ^

have a nice day everyone;

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: rotate operation and cpu usage

How about copying transpose your image to another image. Then you can scanLine from this transpose image and draw vertical pixels over ur display area...

hope i make sense

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: rotate operation and cpu usage

any more idea? ^ ^