Thread: QTextEdit Justify align making work

Default QTextEdit Justify align - making it work [a tip]

If I post on wrong forum, just move the post couldn't find better one (no cathegory for snipplets?)

I have bad experience with QTextEdit's align Justify features. The Align methods for putting Justified align are not working, although the three other Qt:: nodes do work, like Qt::AlignCenter, Qt::AlignRight, Qt::AlignLeft. However Qt::AlignJustify doesn't, and it makes the text in QTextEdit object goes nuts. However Trolltech put warning at Qt refference about this flag:

• Qt::AlignJustify - Justifies the text in the available space. Does not work for everything and may be interpreted as AlignAuto in some cases.

So here is a way for making your text in QTextEdit Object be Aligned as 'Justify':

Qt Code:
    1. QTextEdit *mainTextEdit=new QTextEdit(this); // the object where the text is displayed
    2. …
    3. connect(mainTextEdit, SIGNAL(cursorPositionChanged( int , int )), this, SLOT(toggleIfStyle(int, int)) );
    4. …
    5. // then in the toggleIfStyle(int,int) method we have:
    7. void class::toggleIfStyle(int a, int b)
    8. {
    9. QString textParagragh(mainTextEdit->text(a)); // the text of the current paragraph
    11. mainTextEdit->insertAt(”<p align=justify>”, a, 0); // QTextEdit reads HTML tags, so we enter the align=justify tag
    12. mainTextEdit->insertAt(”</p>”, a, mainTextEdit->paragraphLength(a)); // close the tag
    14. mainTextEdit->setText(mainTextEdit->text()); // the text has to be re-displayed
    15. }
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Hope sometimes, to someone will help

Bye
    Last edited by high_flyer; 12th January 2006 at 17:23.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default Re: QTextEdit Justify align making work

Hey ,

Thanks. This is good. I have also notice that if you change a textEdit Content with setHtml() it cause alignment to get lost. Have you faced this ?

Default Re: QTextEdit Justify align making work

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo
    Hey ,

Thanks. This is good. I have also notice that if you change a textEdit Content with setHtml() it cause alignment to get lost. Have you faced this ?
    yes, just tested, Qt 3.3.5 and it does destroy the alignment.

Howver, we are lucky Text Edit's that parse HTML code