My spaceship needs repairs..so, I am stuck on beautiful earth
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Red face will someone plz answer my queries on touch functionality/tslib

Hi,
    I have a lot of questions on tslib/touch functionality.I hope someone will be providing the answers(maybe not all at one go but any help will be appreciated)

First,I will start with what little idea I have about tslib.(correct me if I am worng)
    1.It's a linux library for handling touch events.
    2.You need to download tslib separately(doesn't come inbuilt in Qt library) and have to configure it to use properly(No idea how that's done).
    3.Touch functionality is supported from Qt 2.2 onwards.

Now my questions

1)If I build an application using Qt designer(without any use of tslib) and create the code as I do for a normal Qt application,will it run on touch if I port it to a touch sensitive mobile phone or touch senstive computer?

2) How do I configure tslib after downloading it?

3)How do I use it with Qt applications after I configured 'tslib' properly(like we include some header files in the application or what?? )

4)Is this feature possible---
    I have a photo gallery created using Qt 3.3(on a linux desktop system which doesn't have a touch screen ).If i configure 'tslib' properly and make needed changes in code,is it possible that just by scrollinbg my mouse up and down,I could increase/decrease the picture size??

I am looking forward to your answers/suggestions and advice.Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: will someone plz answer my queries on touch functionality/tslib

I don't think this is the right forum to ask such questions. tslib and Qt are two different things. The fact that Qt can handle devices using tslib doesn't in itself bring any conclusions. It's the system that uses tslib, Qt can just make use of such devices, it doesn't in any way determine its configuration. It might be better to ask questions about tslib on some Linux forum or even embedded Linux forum.

I can only answer question 3) - your device will be "visible" as any other pointing device, you will get mouse events the same as if you were using a mouse.

As for question 4), I think tslib has nothing to do with that.