Thread: qtmaind.lib fatal error LNK1103

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default qtmaind.lib fatal error LNK1103

Hi all!

I installed qt 4.4.3 in Windows XP, and everything went perfect. I installed both release and debug libraries. Release version runs ok, but when I try to compile my applications in debug mode I get this error:

qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module

I've tried to recompile QT several times, but nothing...

Does anyone has an idea on how to solve such problem?

many Thanks!!

Jaime.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Lightbulb Re: qtmaind.lib fatal error LNK1103

I had the exact same problem (on a couple different projects). This is a late response, but in case anyone else comes across this problem, here are some things to look at:
    1. Is this an upgrade from a previous version of Qt? If so, make sure that the correct version of Qt has been selected in your project. (NOTE: If you are using Visual Studio, understand that changing the Qt version in a project is *NOT* done in Tools->Options->Qt->Build: default -- that only changes the default version for new projects. You have to change it by selecting the project in the Solution tree, then editing the properties in the Properties Window)
    2. Make sure your QTDIR environment variable and PATH variables have been changed appropriately.
    3. Do you happen to be running multiple versions of Visual Studio (e.g '05 & '08)? It may sound silly, but if you installed 4.4.3 for VS08, make sure you're not trying to build your project in VS05.
    I've made all those mistakes at one time or another, and rectifying them seems to have solved the problem.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: qtmaind.lib fatal error LNK1103

It works after recompile the qt lib using Visual Studio 2005 nmake.