Thread: QT Webkit port for Windows CE

Qt products
    Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

Default QT Webkit port for Windows CE

Hi,

I am attempting to build an application to run on Windows CE which has an integrated WebKit component. I have decided to use the QT port targeted for a WM5 device, I have successfully got the QTWebKit4.dll built (with some tweaking) from nightly build r39370 but when I try and run the QTLauncher sample I am given the error "Cannot open 'QtLauncher'. A critical component is either missing or cannot start because program memory is unavailable. Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Memory, stop programs that did not automatically stop, and try again." Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

I get the same error when I run the application on the Visual Studio device emulator and two other hardware devices running WM5. I tried running it on a WM6 device as these have more program memory but an error report is created saying QtWebKit4.dll has thrown an exception.

I have also tried building the QT WebKit port at http://code.staikos.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi but that produces exactly the same errors. I am aware there is a dedicated WINCE port at that URL (which I did get working) but I would like to use the QT port as it's more up to date.

The non-webkit test programs which come with QT work successfully on the devices so I don't think it's a QT set-up problem

Does anybody have any other suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Darryn.

Qt products
    Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: QT Webkit port for Windows CE

It's working with the latest WebKit included with QT4.5 rc1 so I'm guessing it was my hacking which broke it I also notice there is a new head at http://code.staikos.net/ in the QTWebKit repository labelled 'qtwebkit-4.5' so I'm guessing that would work too.

Thanks for looking.