Hello All,

I'm having some frustrations connecting to a SQL Server 2005 box. I've installed Qt 4.4.3 on XP. My installed SQL drivers (enumerated from the drivers() function) are QODBC, QSQLITE, QODBC3, QPSQL7 and QPSQL. When I try to open the database the error I get is "Opening database error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified QODBC3: Unable to connect"

I understand that this connection requires QTDS as well, but trying to build this driver leads to a compile error as the DB Library is not installed (specifically, it is looking for and not finding sqlfront.h). Research on Microsoft's web site indicates that this is an obsoleted library and offers no link to an installation package.

So, from those who have connected to a SQL Server 2005 database from inside a Qt application, I would like some advice on how to go about doing this; hopefully, the use of current M$ technologies would be preferable. The project I am working on will only run on Windows boxes so I do not need to worry about multi-platform issues.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ross