Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Smile Qt classes which could be used 'Location based services'

(Qt 4.4.3 and S60)
    Hi everyone,
    I believe you have all heard of LBS services in mobile phones...so,are there any classes in Qt which can be used for Location based services?
    I read somewhere that such classes exist in Qtopia(but,I don't know any of the class names..haven't used Qtopia)...so,could you give me some idea on this?

I had an application of this sort in mind(I guess something of this sort already exists)---
    You go to a place for the first time and using the application,you save the location on a map(maybe as a red dot with the name of the place).Next time you go there,you can't find the place,well, all you do is check your present location on the map(shown as a blue dot,while the location of the destination saved before is shown as a red dot) and find out which direction you need to go...maybe if the basic application works,one could try to add 'distance' between the present location and Destination location etc.....so,can anyone give me some ideas,links etc which might be of help.
    Even if one hasn't worked on S60 but, has idea of Qt classes which could be used for LBS,please let me know....

Thanks in advance.
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Qt classes which could be used 'Location based services'

Ok, but what exactly are you looking for? You want algorithms for path finding, means to display a map or what?
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

My spaceship needs repairs..so, I am stuck on beautiful earth
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: Qt classes which could be used 'Location based services'

yup,algorithms on path finding,displaying maps any such information will be of great help.
    I just found a list of classes in Qtextended for location based services in this link http://doc.trolltech.com/qtextended4.4/location.html
    Since I have only Qt for X11 on my system now ,I guess I will have to install Qt/embedded as well before I install Qtopia(from the suggestion I got in my other thread http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-newb...tem-19468.html).
    Thank you.
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.