Thread: QMainWindow Central Widget - how to maximize size and make dockwidgets minimum size?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Question QMainWindow Central Widget - how to maximize size and make dockwidgets minimum size?

I have a QMainWindow that has a central widget. There are a bunch of dockwidgets in the main window also. I'd like to maximize the size of the central widget within the window, and minimize the sizes of the dockwidgets (same as manually moving the size rectangle around the central widget.

When I try and set the size of the central widget to maximum it doesn't make the dockwidgets go to their minimum size. Should I be doing the reverse - set each of the dockwidgets to their minimum sizes?

Thanks

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QMainWindow Central Widget - how to maximize size and make dockwidgets minimum si

Try setting size policy to minimum for your dock widgets.
    Qt Code:
    1. setSizePolicy ( QSizePolicy::Policy Minimum, QSizePolicy::Policy Minimum )
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QMainWindow Central Widget - how to maximize size and make dockwidgets minimum si

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. If I replace the central widget with another one, the docks all expand to take up space. I need a way to push them all back to their smallest size.