Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Multiple timers in single Application

Quote Originally Posted by mahi6a1985 View Post
    Hi Wysota,
    using your code i came to know that all of my slots connected to timers are executed(i.e. Each Slot start to End of it.) below 10MS. Thanks for this.
    But now what i want is that each slots should be executed every 500ms. means the slots should be called every 500ms some of them and some them every 250ms. Can you suggest me anything please.

So this means ---

1st timer SLOT to be called every 500ms and for execution of slot it takes 6ms.
    2nd timer SLOT to be called every 600ms and for execution of slot it takes 4ms.
    3rd timer SLOT to be called every 100ms and for the execution of slot it takes 4ms.
    4th timer SLOT to be called every 1000ms and for the execution of slot it takes 6ms.
    5th timer SLOT to be called every 3000ms and for the execution of slot it takes 3ms.
    6th timer SLOT to be called every 5000ms and for the execution of slot it takes 2ms.

Note :- The execution of slot time i given above is calculated using the QTime::elapsed() for each of my slots.

Thanks in Advance.
    Hi Wysota,

please suggest me any solution for the above. and one more thing in QT tips i found a point "Keep response times short" what does it mean can i have a sample app, if possible.

Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by mahi6a1985; 4th October 2012 at 12:58.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

please suggest me any solution for the above
    A solution for what?

and one more thing in QT tips i found a point "Keep response times short" what does it mean
    It means you should make your functions short and fast and not long and slow to avoid freezing the user interface (and possibly the whole system).
    can i have a sample app, if possible.
    No but you can read this article: [wiki]Keeping the GUI Responsive[/wiki].
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

hi Wysota,

The solution is for my the app description i mention above-
    means,
    1st timer SLOT to be called every 500ms and for execution of slot it takes 6ms.
    2nd timer SLOT to be called every 600ms and for execution of slot it takes 4ms.
    3rd timer SLOT to be called every 100ms and for the execution of slot it takes 4ms.
    4th timer SLOT to be called every 1000ms and for the execution of slot it takes 6ms.
    5th timer SLOT to be called every 3000ms and for the execution of slot it takes 3ms.
    6th timer SLOT to be called every 5000ms and for the execution of slot it takes 2ms.

Note :- The execution of slot time i given above is calculated using the QTime::elapsed() for each of my slots.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Start one timer with 100ms interval and call appropriate functions from the timer's timeout slot. Calculate time using QTime::elapsed() rathar than counting how many times the timeout slot was called.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

5. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

mahi6a1985 (5th October 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

please suggest me any solution for the above.
    I have already given you exactly this. Several people had given you all the necessary information to do it yourself before that. Why do you keep asking the same question over and over? Are you actually understanding anything or just hoping for a cut'n'paste magic bullet? Please understand that we are not going to come to your office and write your program for you.

How to implement it in One Timer with 100ms can i know ?
    In the slot keep a count of the number of times the timer has elapsed, or use QTime::elapsed(), and:
    • every time the timer elapses do task 3,
    • every 5th time also do task 1,
    • every 6th time also do task 2,
    • every 10th time also do task 4,
    • every 30th time also do task 5,
    • every 50th time also do task 6.

No. I will not write the code for this. I don't think you understand how the naïve version I gave you works, and this requires more understanding.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW67 View Post
    I have already given you exactly this. Several people had given you all the necessary information to do it yourself before that. Why do you keep asking the same question over and over? Are you actually understanding anything or just hoping for a cut'n'paste magic bullet? Please understand that we are not going to come to your office and write your program for you.

In the slot keep a count of the number of times the timer has elapsed, or use QTime::elapsed(), and:
    • every time the timer elapses do task 3,
    • every 5th time also do task 1,
    • every 6th time also do task 2,
    • every 10th time also do task 4,
    • every 30th time also do task 5,
    • every 50th time also do task 6.

No. I will not write the code for this. I don't think you understand how the naïve version I gave you works, and this requires more understanding.
    Ho ho what do you mean by this "Are you actually understanding anything or just hoping for a cut'n'paste magic bullet? Please understand that we are not going to come to your office and write your program for you."

As i am beginner i am asking for clarification of each, each time you people gave a suggestion i am learning a new thing. that's the reason i am asking for examples.
    anyway thanks for nice understanding. Thanks To FORUM.

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    Start one timer with 100ms interval and call appropriate functions from the timer's timeout slot. Calculate time using QTime::elapsed() rathar than counting how many times the timeout slot was called.
    Hi Wysota,

Thanks a lot Sir, i have got so much of information & knowledge from your posts not only in this thread even the other threads i have seen your posts. They were good and helpful for beginners like me. Thanks a lot.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Wiki edits

Ho ho what do you mean by this "Are you actually understanding anything or just hoping for a cut'n'paste magic bullet? Please understand that we are not going to come to your office and write your program for you."

As i am beginner i am asking for clarification of each, each time you people gave a suggestion i am learning a new thing. that's the reason i am asking for examples.
    anyway thanks for nice understanding.
    Chris means that you have been given answer to your question many times in this thread now and you were ignoring it and asking the question again and again. The fact that you are a beginner is not something that should make us go easier on you -- it should make you go harder on yourself. You should be writing your own examples as much as possible, otherwise you will always be a beginner. We will happily correct your code but you need to do your own coding.

Thanks a lot Sir, i have got so much of information & knowledge from your posts not only in this thread even the other threads i have seen your posts. They were good and helpful for beginners like me. Thanks a lot.
    Unfortunately buttering me up won't help here. I second every word Chris said in his post.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by wysota View Post
    Chris means that you have been given answer to your question many times in this thread now and you were ignoring it and asking the question again and again. The fact that you are a beginner is not something that should make us go easier on you -- it should make you go harder on yourself. You should be writing your own examples as much as possible, otherwise you will always be a beginner. We will happily correct your code but you need to do your own coding.

Unfortunately buttering me up won't help here. I second every word Chris said in his post.
    lol buttering for what. Anyway still i wanna thank you for the support. Because of you i came to know what exactly the problem in my application. So hope i can solve it by myself.

Thanks a lot to one and all and forum. Finally got it what the problem is so will try myself.