Thread: Phonon and Still the Mystery continues with Qt-4.5.0 -- Help needed

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Phonon and Still the Mystery continues with Qt-4.5.0 -- Help needed

hi,
    I am writing a Qt application which will receive UDP video stream and display it on the screen. I am using Qt-4.5.0-windows-mingw version on Windows XP/ Vista Business. I am not using Visual Studio.

I have gone through many of the previous posts about phonon. still I am having a couple of doubts.
    1. At the begining, I tried to run the example programs of phonon but I got '-lphonond.dll' error. Is it compulsory to compile the source version of Qt-4.5.0 with phonon option enabled? No other way of enabling phonon with Qt-4.5.0-mingw .exe version?

2. Regarding back ends: What I understood is, DirectX and DS 9 should be available on the machine. in some of the posts I found that Xine is an excelleng back end, it can work with any kind of video stream (where DX and DS 9 may not work with some formats of video). Is it true? I am receiving the UDP video stream over the network, any codecs are required ( I don't know the format of the video stream exactly) ?

please, somebody put some light on this phonon and back end issue in regard to the above mentioned system configuration. I am not able to run the example phonon programs, atleast.

I hope, in the next versions of Qt, there will be some default back ends with Qt or the back ends mechanism is taken care by Qt itself.
    thank u very much.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Phonon and Still the Mystery continues with Qt-4.5.0 -- Help needed

DS9 doesn't work with MinGW - that's written a lot of times.

You may try with mplayer backend, but this is experimental.
    You may also try VLC backend, which I consider even more experimental.

Google for the sites in order to get a howto for installation and compilation. If it works with mingw i don't know.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Phonon and Still the Mystery continues with Qt-4.5.0 -- Help needed

hi,
    thanks for ur reply. yes, i have googled for it and i did not find any where about default phonon library availability with Qt-4.5.0-mingw-version of windows. only option is to compile the source and get it. thanks again. bye