Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Associate a minimize zone to QMainWindow

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if someone can help me in the following problem:

I created a Qt application that uses 2 QMainWindow, the first is the main window (get data), the second is the results window.

On Linux Ubuntu every time when I launch the second window it creates a new minimize zone (at the menu bar), and it's very good because I can pass from the main to the results, and launch many other results, and I get the control from all.

The problem is the following:
    Now on Windows it cannot create a minimize zone [see picture] for every result window, so I have only 1 minimize zone, and it's very difficult to pass from one to the others (also alt+tab doesn't work). Is there a way to force the creationg/association of a new minimize zone when a QMainWindow opens?

Thank you very much for any kind of help,
    Cheers,
    Louis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Associate a minimize zone to QMainWindow

This is something related to your operating system and not your application. The taskbar entry is created for every non-dialog top-level window of each application so unless you have put your main windows in QDialog objects, the entries are there, only that Windows groupped them into one to occupy less space. If you want them ungroupped, please refer to your operating system manual to see if it is possible.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

3. The following user says thank you to wysota for this useful post:

lixo1 (4th May 2009)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Associate a minimize zone to QMainWindow

Ok, thank you. Windows Xp do not provide this feature as I want (=linux) :-(.