Thread: several misc questions - static build, jpeg plugin, etc - please help a newbie!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: several misc questions - static build, jpeg plugin, etc - please help a newbie!

I think the problem with jpeg is solved now for dynamic qgpeg plugin.
    I am sorry for wasting your time; apparently placing the qgpeg4.dll inside a directory called 'imageformats' in the application bundle was sufficient.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: several misc questions - static build, jpeg plugin, etc - please help a newbie!

I found the real cause why jpeg plugin didn't load.
    I tell it for others here so that if someone had the same problem and found this topic can find the answer.
    my jpeg plugin's dll file had hidden file attribute (under MS Windows) and I found that qt doesn't load such hidden plugin dlls. this is not the case for other dlls such as qtgui4.dll, etc.

indeed since I placed my program directly in the windows startup directory and needed to make hidden the accompanying files, I always made that dll hidden. but fortunately that was not necessary, because qjpeg4.dll should be placed inside another directory (imageformats) there and we can make hidden only that parent directory.

note: hidden objects in the windows startup directory aren't automatically opened/executed on windows startup.