Thread: QTablewidget: how to select row with single click instead of double click?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default QTablewidget: how to select row with single click instead of double click?

Hello,

I have QTableWidget in my UI, but I have a problem, because I cannot select a row with single click, but only with double click (selectionBehavior is selectRows). I tried with cellClicked(int, int) signal, but with no success. How can I solve that?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: QTablewidget: how to select row with single click instead of double click?

Please provide a minimal compilable example reproducing the problem.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QTablewidget: how to select row with single click instead of double click?

If you are talking about editing the item on single click, instead of double click, then have a look at QAbstractItemView::setEditTriggersOtherwise, the row or cell should be selectable on single click only.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hm, I use Qt Creator to build a program. I use QTableWidget, cells are filled with QLabel (setCellWidget). Maybe I have a problem because single click is intercepted by that QLabels that reside inside table cells? How can I connect these signals, so that qtablewidget receives them?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Why are you using QLabel Is there some extra rendering with the label ?
    I dont see much use of using QLabel as a cell Widget... you could always use delegates to render simple text in a different way

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I use QLabel because I use some HTML formatted text and/or images inside cells, so I think that QLabels are natural choice, or am I missing something?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Yes, you are missing something. We don't use widgets inside ItemViews, at least we try not to. Your widget is not part of the model nor part of the view thus all the functionality of ItemViews will not work with it. Search the forum for an implementation of a delegate rendering a QTextDocument.
    Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.

Please ask Qt related questions on the forum and not using private messages or visitor messages.