Thread: process QTextDocument and recognize newlines?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default process QTextDocument and recognize newlines?

hi guys,

i'm currently trying to convert the contents of a QTextDocument to another format, simply by processing it pretty much hierarchically:
    - process each frame/table
    - process each block/list
    - process each fragment

the problem with this method is that a block's or fragments' text doesn't contain any newline characters (since they are converted to "ParagraphSeparators").

i tried to find the newline characters by selecting the current block with a new QTextCursor and then using a QTextDocumentFragment to get the "plain text".
    QTextCursor::select( QTextCursor::BlockUnderCursor ) also selects the ParagraphSeparator before the block.
    i created a new QTextDocumentFragment and gave the previously created QTextCursor as an argument in its constructor.
    now QTextDocumentFragment::toPlainText() also contained the character before the block and when QTextDocumentFragment::toPlainText().at( 0 ) == '\n', i knew there was an '\n' before the current block.
    i can also post the according code to this if that helps.

even though it seems kind of "quick&dirty", it works for a single newline before a block.
    but if, for example, there was an empty line before a new block ("\n\nBlockText"), the 2 newlines ("\n\n") were put together as one ParagraphSeparator and therefore using QTextDocumentFragment as i explained above doesn't make it possible to know if there was an empty line before a block.

so... sorry for writing such a long text, but i found it pretty difficult to explain (probably because i'm not a native speaker ...).
    i hope someone can help me out here.
    maybe i just didn't find some easy trick, or maybe even my whole approach to processing the QTextDocument is crap?

thanks in advance!

sincerely,
    julian
    Last edited by -=Freaky=-; 21st June 2009 at 13:26.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: process QTextDocument and recognize newlines?

sorry for double posting!
    i'd just like to know if there's really nobody able to help me here or if you have problems understanding my explanation of the problem.

sincerely,
    julian