Thread: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

Hi,

I'm proud to announce you the release of Edyuk 0.7.0. The sources are available on the SVN trunk and as packages. Note that this release is not fully stable yet but brings lots of nice features :

• Class browsing (much faster than existing solutions and without external dependency)
    • Debugging
    • Compilation
    • A very good project manager, which for example, handles subdirs, file inclusion, complex scope constructs and is not confused when it encounters functions or operators others than = an += in project files
    • A powerful text editing framework with syntax highlighting, auto indenting, parenthesis matching, text folding, and all this through generic XML definitions
    • Designer integration
    • Assistant integration
    • Widget dedicated to .qrc files editing
    • A plugin-based architecture which allow a nearly infinite extension of Edyuk features
    • A perspective sytem and a modular GUI which allows high flexibility
    • and more...

The "MOST WANTED" feature, i.e. code completion is not available yet but will be soon.

More than 570 persons have downloaded Edyuk 0.6.0-b, I admit this looks a bit small compared to downloads count of QDevelop but yet it shows some interest and makes me happy. I hope you'll like this new version.

If you feel like testing it please feed me back fast so that I can fix any bug you might encounter before I release Edyuk 0.7.0 as a "stable" package.

Thanks to all the people that already tested Edyuk, to you that took some time to read this announcement and, in advance, to those who will test the new version and feed me back!
    Current Qt projects : QCodeEdit, RotiDeCode

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

Where can we get it?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by ksqt View Post
    Where can we get it?

At Sourceforge

You can find the link at Edyuk's homepage

Or SVN: svn checkout https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/edyuk

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by grosem View Post
    You can find the link at Edyuk's homepage
    Unfortunately Berlios, which hosts Edyuk homepage seems to be down, use Sourceforge link directly instead...

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Edyuk 0.7.0 STABLE packages are now available on Sourceforge.net
    They feature lots of bug fixes and some very nice new features, especially concerning debugging.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hello FMC,
    I'm trying out Edyuk (thanks) but I've come across a problem.
    I'm tring to add some includes and libraries to a project using the project options
    dialog but this dialog crashes when using the Compilation tab.

When attempting to add for example an include path - if you press CANCEL or OK on the
    popup entry or File Dialog box then the program crashes fatally.
    The little buttons are also missing their graphics/text

I built the program on Fedora Core 6 Linux using ./build and running the edyuk script.
    Qt version is 4.2.1

Apart from that so far very good!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by guestgulkan View Post
    I'm tring to add some includes and libraries to a project using the project options
    dialog but this dialog crashes when using the Compilation tab.

When attempting to add for example an include path - if you press CANCEL or OK on the
    popup entry or File Dialog box then the program crashes fatally.
    The little buttons are also missing their graphics/text
    I'll try to fix that soon... Keep an eye on the SVN trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by guestgulkan View Post
    I built the program on Fedora Core 6 Linux using ./build and running the edyuk script.
    Qt version is 4.2.1

Apart from that so far very good!
    I'm glad to see that you like Edyuk!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi all,

Less than 3 weeks after its release, Edyuk 0.7.0 has already reached more than 400 downloads. As I've been fed back, I was able to fix bugs and add many usability enhancements. Thus Edyuk 0.8.0 is coming soon. If you can't wait to test the code completion and all the new features, check out the SVN trunk : http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=168260

Hoping you'll like it!

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

hi, i downloaded svn version. but i didn't compile.
    i received this error:
    $ sh build
    edyuk.pro:7: Unknown test function: warning
    edyuk.pro:9: Unknown test function: warning
    install.pri:78: Unknown test function: for
    install.pri:135: Unknown test function: for
    cd src/lib && make -f Makefile
    make[1]:`/home/gilan/edyuk/trunk/src/lib' dizinine giriliyor
    /usr/qt/3/bin/uic ui/aboutdialog.ui -o ../tmp/ui/aboutdialog.h
    uic: File generated with too recent version of Qt Designer (4.0 vs. 3.3.7)
    make[1]: *** [../tmp/ui/aboutdialog.h] Hata 1
    make[1]: `/home/gilan/edyuk/trunk/src/lib' dizininden çıkılıyor
    make: *** [sub-src-lib] Hata 2

i have 2 qt version. qt3 and qt 4.2.2
    i tried also qmake-qt4. same error.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by nimes View Post
    hi, i downloaded svn version. but i didn't compile.
    i received this error:
    $ sh build
    edyuk.pro:7: Unknown test function: warning
    edyuk.pro:9: Unknown test function: warning
    install.pri:78: Unknown test function: for
    install.pri:135: Unknown test function: for
    cd src/lib && make -f Makefile
    make[1]:`/home/gilan/edyuk/trunk/src/lib' dizinine giriliyor
    /usr/qt/3/bin/uic ui/aboutdialog.ui -o ../tmp/ui/aboutdialog.h
    uic: File generated with too recent version of Qt Designer (4.0 vs. 3.3.7)
    make[1]: *** [../tmp/ui/aboutdialog.h] Hata 1
    make[1]: `/home/gilan/edyuk/trunk/src/lib' dizininden çıkılıyor
    make: *** [sub-src-lib] Hata 2

i have 2 qt version. qt3 and qt 4.2.2
    i tried also qmake-qt4. same error.
    The miscompilation is obviously related to your system's configuration... You have to change your environment variables so that qmake, uic, rcc and moc from Qt4 will be used instead of their Qt3 equivalents... Edyuk will compile with Qt4 only (needs Qt 4.1 or newer). Even if you use a symlink or script to Qt4's qmake it won't work properly if $QTDIR does not come first into your $PATH because moc/uic/.. used will be those of Qt 3. To achieve that you have to add the following lines to your ~/.bash_profile :
    # note that this path is generic... replace it with the one used in your system...
    QTDIR=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt
    PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
    Hoping I'm clear enough...

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

sorry, i don't understand. my qt directory:
    /usr/qt/3/ and /usr/qt/4/

how to configure .bash.profile ??

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by nimes View Post
    sorry, i don't understand. my qt directory:
    /usr/qt/3/ and /usr/qt/4/

how to configure .bash.profile ??
    If you want to compile Qt 4 applications there are several ways :
    • If you want to be able to compile both Qt 3 (so KDE) and Qt 4 based apps the best way is probably to use scripts to setup env vars in your shell session. In this case, each time you will need to use Qt 4 instead of Qt 3 you will be forced to run a shell script by hand.
    • If you're only interested in Qt 4 it is probably easier to embed these settings in ~/.bash_profile (if you're using bash as a shell, overwise you'll have to find what file is used by your shell to store such a configuration...) Note that such an embedding require your session to be restarted and even in some cases a reboot
    In your case the script will look like this :
    Qt Code:
    1. #! /bin/sh
    2. # This header is useless when embedding in ~/.bash_profile
    4. export QTDIR=/usr/qt/4
    5. export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Once your environment is set up, compilation should work smoothly.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Edyuk 0.8.0-rc1 is out.

It finally brings code completion in Edyuk and features many usability improvements and bug fixes. The completion engine uses an hybrid solution combining a custom lexer/parser which allows completion of classes provided by the openned projects (without any dependency) and a ctags backend which allows completion of Qt 4 classes. If ctags is not found the completion will work but without support of Qt 4 classes. You can get packages from Sf.net or browse the SVN trunk.

Also note that Edyuk's homepage has moved to a new host (and changed its look at the same occasion : feedback would be very appreciated).

Hoping you'll like it.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Spring cleanup has been done in the trunk and, after proper reorganization, I'm back on hard work. If you happen to take a look at the, relocated, trunk, the code completion will probably look pleasant :
    • It no longer needs ctags to complete Qt types
    • real huge speed improvements have been done (average time taken to display entries, with recursive typing and entries filtering, on my 6years old box : 40ms )
    • Many quirks have been fixed which provide a better accuracy
    • Typedefs are now handled properly
    Besides, other bug fixes and improvements have been done in editing, project management and configuration dialogs.

A new rc should be issued soon (as soon as i'll have fixed all the missing features in the new project management module actually )

PS :

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

How can I change the editor font size?

Regards, Burgpflanze

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Burgpflanze View Post
    How can I change the editor font size?
    I'm afraid there is no UI for editor configuration yet (though I'm working on it) and this setting can't be changed in any other way than modifying the source file where the default font settings are decided : /path/to/edyuk/trunk/3rdparty/qcodeedit/lib/editor/qplaintextedit.cpp line 125 or 127, according to your platform...

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Exclamation Re: Edyuk : fully-featured, highly flexible and free cross-platform IDE

A beta package of Edyuk's next version has just been released. It is actually a snapshot of the soon-to-be-released 0.9.0 version.

What's new :

• Code completion, it's not real new but SO fast that it cannot be compared with what it used to be (and it can neither be compared with existing code completions AFAIK )
    • A number of slight internal modifications which result in easier plugins writing and more consistent UI. The most important example is the "manager" dock which takes care of a project model and a code model (class browser) in a generic way. As a consequence the project explorer and class browser are now reachable from the Designer perspective which used to be impossible
    • Many broken features have been implemented (create new file from project tree, add file to project, ..)
    • A new template manager has been added which makes it much easier to add templates (INI files are used as templates definitions)
    • A set of brand new dialogs, much more user-friendly, replaced old ones (configuration, project options, creation of new file, ...)
    • A the "manager" dock now has a much nicer look thanks to the use of a QComboBox instead of tabs
    And what remains the same (apart from bugfixes ):
    • perspective-based GUI
    • flawless qmake projects parsing/saving
    • powerful and flexible editing framework
    • Designer integration
    • Assistant integration
    • QRC editing facilities
    • class browsing
    • compilation (requires gcc / mingw)
    • graphical debugging (requires gdb)
    • dynamic shortcut management
    • run-time translation
    Looking forward to get some feedback so as to polish the final 0.9.0 release.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

I tried downloading 0.9.0beta, but when I ran the build.bat program on windows it seemed to go into an infinite recursion.

Edyuk crashes when I load my project in v0.8.0, so I was hoping this problem would be resolved in the latest update.

I'm interested in using Edyuk... but first step is of course to get it installed and working properly.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Quote Originally Posted by magland View Post
    I tried downloading 0.9.0beta, but when I ran the build.bat program on windows it seemed to go into an infinite recursion.

Edyuk crashes when I load my project in v0.8.0, so I was hoping this problem would be resolved in the latest update.

I'm interested in using Edyuk... but first step is of course to get it installed and working properly.
    The batch file was originally added to workaround a bug/missing feature in Window$ ME which prevented proper compilation of subdirs project. If you are not using this version of Windows you should try the "regular" commands :
    Qt Code:
    1. $ qmake
    2. $ mingw32-make
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 
    Anyway I checked the content of the build.bat file and I didn't see anything that might cause kinda infinite recursion... Maybe you could give me more details.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

OK thanks. It's possible that it wasn't actually an infinite recursion, but just taking a long time, and I wan't seeing the compilation details.

Anyway now I get the following compilation error: (see end of message). Also, I had to add "#include <QDebug>" to a couple of the .cpp files... qgenericlanguagefactory.cpp, qshortcutmanager.cpp.

Any ideas? I'm using Windows XP SP2, GNU Make 3.80, Qt 4.2.1

qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp:507: warning: function 'void QMakeProject:ptions()
    ' is defined after prior declaration as dllimport: attribute ignored
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp: At global scope:
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp:513: warning: function 'virtual void QMakeProject::w
    rite(QTextStream&, QString, QProjectNode*)' is defined after prior declaration a
    s dllimport: attribute ignored
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp: In member function `virtual void QMakeProject::setu
    pMenu(QMenu*)':
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp:553: warning: function 'virtual void QMakeProject::s
    etupMenu(QMenu*)' is defined after prior declaration as dllimport: attribute ign
    ored
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp: In constructor `QMakeProjectPrivate::QMakeProjectPr
    ivate()':
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp:612: warning: function 'QMakeProjectPrivate::QMakePr
    ojectPrivate()' is defined after prior declaration as dllimport: attribute ignor
    ed
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp: In constructor `QMakeProjectPrivate::QMakeProjectPr
    ivate()':
    qmakemodel\qmakeproject.cpp:615: internal compiler error: in rest_of_handle_fina
    l, at toplev.c:2064
    Please submit a full bug report,
    with preprocessed source if appropriate.
    See <URL:http://www.mingw.org/bugs.shtml> for instructions.
    mingw32-make[2]: *** [..\tmp-default-4.2.1-\obj\debug\qmakeproject.o] Error 1
    mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default'
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/cstuff/edyuk-0.9.0-beta/src/default'
    mingw32-make: *** [sub-src_default-make_default] Error 2