Hello

I recently posted on this forum about how to show qt dialog from mfc application. I was using the mfc/qt migration solution.
http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-qt-p...app-22844.html

I also noticed that I can show modal dialog box (has its own local message loop) without using the mfc/qt migration solution. The same does not hold true for modeless dialog box.

My question is why the message loop of the mfc application can't just retrieve the messages for the modeless qt dialog from the thread message queue and dispatch them to the appropriate window procedure ?

That is why messages generated from one gui toolkit (qt) can not be fetched by the message loop of another gui toolkit (mfc) , if the both toolkits are using the underlying win32 api for window management?

I also search the posts of this forum about using the mf/qt migration solution, and came to the information that mf/qt migration solution merges the message loops of the mfc and qt . So again, can someone explain what that means to merge the message loops of different gui toolkits ?

I really want to understand this concept. I am sure am missing something very obvious about why different gui toolkits can not be mixed together.

Thanks