Hey everybody, thanks for your help. I've been struggling for days with this and I'm losing my patience. I have written a program in Linux (Ubuntu 8.1), WOOHOO, and now trying to deploy it in Windows (BOOOOOOO) is giving me an error with my QNetworkRequest.

Qt Code:
  1. #include <QNetworkRequest>
  2. #include <QNetworkReply>
  3. #include <QSslSocket>
  5. void MainWindow::downloadLatestMaster(QString process)
  6. {
  7. myrUrl="http://my.hosted.server/pagetoload.php";
  9. // file init
  10. if(!file.open(QIODevice::ReadWrite|QIODevice::Text)) {
  11. ui->textEdit->append(QString("!! - Failed to open "+file.fileName()));
  12. // further error handling
  13. } else {
  14. // request init
  15. QNetworkRequest request(myUrl);
  16. reply=manager.get(request); // perform get request
  18. // connections connect(reply,SIGNAL(downloadProgress(qint64,qint64)),SLOT(mySetValue(qint64,qint64)));
  19. connect(reply,SIGNAL(readyRead()),SLOT(downloadReadyRead())); // reply ready - output file
  20. connect(reply,SIGNAL(finished()),SLOT(replyFinished())); // reply finished - close file
  21. }
  22. }
  24. // output file contents
  25. void MainWindow::downloadReadyRead()
  26. {
  27. file.write(reply->readAll());
  28. }
  30. // close file and update ui
  31. void MainWindow::replyFinished()
  32. {
  33. file.close();
  34. }
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Instead of the normal operation I experience in Linux (WOOHOO) I see the fillowing in my output window:

QSslSocket: cannot resolve OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf
QSslSocket: cannot resolve OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf

Before I added the #include <QSslSocket> my proress bar didn't work and the request seemed to just be skipped over. Now that I added the include my progress bar updates, but no file is written and the data in my reply is just empty.

I am confused because I never access an SSL socket, though I can conceive that perhaps the QNetworkAccessManager does. Is this because of some shared vs. linked building problem? Am I just crazy? If anyone has come across this issue before and could possibly shed some light on my error I would so greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Oh, by the way, I did try substituting the QNetwrokReply for an QHttp request and same error. Please help!