Hi there,

I am working to get Qt Embedded 4.5.2 working on an ARM (Samsung s3c2440) dev-kit.

Qt compiled fine with my current toolchain (the "spring" 2009 sourcery) and everything is going spiffy. EXCEPT when I try to run a GUI program (ANY GUI program, even the dead simple "Hello World" button "program") doesn't work...

To be exact: It gives a segmentation fault while loading a GUI program.

(NOTE: I did try an console program by using qDebug() to print "Hello world" and this DOES work with "-release" Qt)

The strange thing is, when I configure Qt with the -debug option, it DOES work! Doesn't give a segmentation fault and everything works perfectly, even ts-lib!

Does anyone know the reason why the "-release" qt doesnt't work but it DOES work in debug mode?

My configuration (NOTE: I replace "-release" with "-debug" when compiling for debug mode):

Qt Code:
  1. ./configure -v \
  2. -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ -prefix /usr/qt \
  3. -nomake examples -nomake demos -opensource \
  4. -no-accessibility -no-sql-sqlite -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -no-qt3support \
  5. -no-scripttools -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2 -no-cups -no-dbus -no-glib \
  6. -qt-libtiff -qt-libpng -qt-libmng -qt-libjpeg -qt-gfx-linuxfb -qt-mouse-tslib -qt-gfx-qvfb \
  7. -shared -release
To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? If there is more information needed, I am happy to supply

Thanks a lot!