Thread: Library development using Qt / Looking for materials about library development.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Library development using Qt / Looking for materials about library development.

Hi.

I'm planning on developing a third party library using Qt. I have no problem developing applications using Qt but have no experience in library development what so ever. So I'm currently on the lookout for any materials that could help me understand the process of writing such a library.
    Does anyone know of any articles/books talking about C++(Qt) library development.

Thanks.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Library development using Qt / Looking for materials about library development.

I don't know of any specific books, but I think the official Qt book does a chapter or so about libraries. Also, if you start a library project in Qt Creator, you get a nice kick start. All the importing/exporting declarations are done for you. You only have to develop a class with your desired functionality.

In any case, you can find a lot on the internet about creating shared objects and dll's.
    Horse sense is the thing that keeps horses from betting on people. --W.C. Fields

Ask Smart Questions