Thread: Redesigning a DockWidget

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Windows

Default Redesigning a DockWidget

Hello,

does anybody know, how I can change the view and the special behavior of a DockWidget? When the widget is closed, it should show only the TitleBar with its text and a special internal value. A doubleclick on the TitleBar should maximize (as requested for complete view) or minimize (only the TitleBar is visible) the widget. Two colored round buttons (Mac-like look) should close/hide or dock/float the widget? Is it possible to make such a widget with Qt? If so, what are the essentiell steps to get such a behavior. I hope, that there's anyone who can help me.

Preliminary thanks.
    Norbert

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 4,792 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android Maemo/MeeGo
    Wiki edits

Default Re: Redesigning a DockWidget

It depends if by "closing" you mean "minimizing". If so, then I guess it could be possible, the rule is the same as for "expanding dialogs" (there is an example about it in Qt docs).

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4

Default Re: Redesigning a DockWidget

I am also looking for similar features what you mentioned for dockwidget ,can you please help me out in this , are we able to customize the dockwidgets like this?