I know this has been asked before: I searched the forum and most of what I found I did not understand, something probably does not applies, and the little I tried did not work. So, I'm asking.

*) Ubuntu jaunty.
*) I have installed qtsdk-2009.04.1 (pre-compiled binaries, in the default dir /opt) without building anything myself.
*) I am trying to use the QSQLITE plugin in an app. Static or shared would be the same at the moment, but I settled for run-time loaded plugin, assuming it would be quicker.

A: I have added the following line to the .pro:

QTPLUGIN += qsqlite

and I got the error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqsqlite

Now, there are two copies of libqsqlite.so in my system:

1) /opt/qtsdk-2009.04/bin/sqldrives/libqsqlite.so (433.5 KB, 5 Oct. 2009)
2) /opt/qtsdk-2009.04/qt/plugins/sqldrives/libqsqlite.so (1.4 MB, 29 Sep. 2009)

(there is also a dir /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/sqldrivers which only contains libqsqlmysql.so, 58.1 KB, 10 Sep. 2009).

B: Assuming 2) is the correct one, I added to the .pro:

LIBS += -L/opt/qtsdk-2009.04/qt/plugins/sqldrivers

and the app compiled without errors.

But, when I launch it (from Qt Creator or from a command line), it aborts with the error: error while loading shared libraries: libqsqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

C: So, according to some forum posts, I tried adding in the app dir a folder "sqldrivers" and I copied the above file 2) in it. But running the app, results in the same error.

The above process already took the best part of two days and I am inclined to give up. So, now what? Thanks!

M.