Thread: QMAKESPEC-choice on g++/msvc-combo

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default QMAKESPEC-choice on g++/msvc-combo

Hi.

How does QtCreator decide on the QMAKESPEC? I cannot change the commandline for qmake which set the spec. There is now bad environment variable set as far as I can see.

My Problem:

Normally, I use QtCreator + MinGW. Yesterday, I installed Visual Studio 9 and recompiled Qt for msvc. Qt works fine in msvc. Now QtCreator thinks, that my projects are all msvc - but they aren't.

I need to change the call "qmake -spec win32-msvc" back to "qmake -spec win32-g++". I do not want to compile my project over the cmd environment - which still works fine with MinGW.

Bye

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: QMAKESPEC-choice on g++/msvc-combo

Quote Originally Posted by youkai View Post
    Hi.

How does QtCreator decide on the QMAKESPEC? I cannot change the commandline for qmake which set the spec. There is now bad environment variable set as far as I can see.

My Problem:

Normally, I use QtCreator + MinGW. Yesterday, I installed Visual Studio 9 and recompiled Qt for msvc. Qt works fine in msvc. Now QtCreator thinks, that my projects are all msvc - but they aren't.

I need to change the call "qmake -spec win32-msvc" back to "qmake -spec win32-g++". I do not want to compile my project over the cmd environment - which still works fine with MinGW.

Bye
    You can configure several versions of Qt in parallel (Tools -> Options -> Qt4)
    and set your projects in the Project tab on the left side to use one of the configured versions.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Re: QMAKESPEC-choice on g++/msvc-combo

If you want to use both MSVC and MingW then you need to have two different installations of Qt, once for each environment. Once you recompile one version with MSVC, you can no longer use it in MingW as the file formats are different.

Both the plugin for MSVC and QtCreator will allow you to select which directory to use to compile your apps.