Thread: I need MySQL driver for Qt 4.6, WindowsXP(32), MySQL 5.1

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default I need MySQL driver for Qt 4.6, WindowsXP(32), MySQL 5.1

Maybe someone has this driver and can send it to my e-mail or some file hosting?

I'm sorry for my English - it isn't my native language.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: I need MySQL driver for Qt 4.6, WindowsXP(32), MySQL 5.1

you should build it yourself - check Qt documentation on how to build sql plugin

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

that wont work

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

I've fighted with this for weeks without success.

My recent readings reveal I most likely failed as my folder names contained internal space characters and the build process did not liked it.
    This chapter http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/sql-dri...l-4-and-higher contains a heading "How to Build the QMYSQL Plugin on Windows". I try following its approach using the DOS equivalent (short) names of folders in concern.

An alternative solution is installing the MySQL ODBC driver (downloading from MySQL location) and define an ODBC source for the MySQL database to be used. This is a working solution on my XP platform.

@Hirsutum

I'm completely beginer could you tell me(or if you have a link) how to do this (connect mysql using odbc), what should i have instal etc...

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

OK, we seem having exactly the same components at version level, so we have a chance to achieve a fast best practice sharing.
    The roadmap at concept is simply the following:
    1. download and install MySQL ODBC driver
    2. define your database for ODBC as a data source
    3. develop (or use) a Qt application to access your data via ODBC

At practice No.1 prerequisite: you are an admin user on your PC.
    Step 1. Source: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/5.1.html. Task: download the MSI driver and install it. Result: MySQL ODBC driver installed on your PC.
    Step 2. Source: -, Input information: name and access of your MySQL database. Task: Start Admin/Supervisor Tool (uncertain name, I have a localized, non English Windows, but you will find it soon) from Windows Control Panel. Select icon ODBC Data Sources. Select tab User Data Sources, then push button Add. Now select MySQL ODBC driver from the roll-down list. Now you receive a dialogue window, where you can define your database as a data source. Fields: Description - up to your choice, Server: localhost, Port: 3306 (default for MySQL), the rest fields are to be filled in properly. Press OK, your ODBC data source is defined now.
    Step 3. application development or try a demo. I would propose that you try the demo SQL Browser delivered with Qt. You should be able to open your database choosing QODBC instead of SQLITE and giving your database name to the open process. Start Qt Demo from Windows Start Menu, select SQL Browser from the crowd of applications (you will find it), then launch it. Then you need to give QODBC, and the data source name of your db. Nothing else must be supplied! After this SQL Browser opens your database and offers browsing the tables and enter SQL instructions to execute.

That is all for the first run. Good luck!

7. The following user says thank you to Hirsutum for this useful post:

Cayan (22nd August 2011)

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

just a PS. I interpreted the Re: subject as it described your development environment. Later on I realized this subject has originated from much earlier.
    Realized this I add my punctuation: the approach should work in such environment. There has not been exact Qt documentation reading behind it. Years ago I had some good practice with ODBC, it elevated the idea so I should access MySQL via using the ODBC Connector. (The chapter How to Build the QMYSQL Plugin on Windows in Qt documentation assumes a fair familiarity with the internal world of Qt technology - is classical challenge for an ambitious newbe ). Thanks!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows