Thread: Qt 4.1.3 - XP - TrayIcon

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Default Qt 4.1.3 - XP - TrayIcon

I have a successfull prototype for the TrayIcon code that I try to integrate to my main application. I get the following strange compile errors :

Qt Code:
    1. C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.o(.text+0x100) In function `ZNK17ApplicationWindow10metaObjectEv':
    2. 46 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.cpp multiple definition of `ApplicationWindow::metaObject() const'
    3. 59 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_menu.o(.text+0x100):C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_menu.cpp first defined here
    4. C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.o(.text+0x10a) In function `ZN17ApplicationWindow11qt_metacastEPKc':
    5. 51 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.cpp multiple definition of `ApplicationWindow::qt_metacast(char const*)'
    6. 64 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_menu.o(.text+0x10a):C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_menu.cpp first defined here
    7. C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.o(.text+0x158) In function `ZN17ApplicationWindow11qt_metacallEN11QMetaObject4CallEiPPv':
    8. 59 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.cpp multiple definition of `ApplicationWindow::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)'
    9. 72 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_menu.o(.text+0x158):C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_menu.cpp first defined here
    10. C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.o(.text$_ZN17ApplicationWindowD0Ev[ApplicationWindow::~ApplicationWindow()]+0x0) In function `ZThn8_N17ApplicationWindowD1Ev':
    11. 72 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.o(.text$_ZN17ApplicationWindowD0Ev[ApplicationWindow::~ApplicationWindow()]+0x0) multiple definition of `ApplicationWindow::~ApplicationWindow()'
    12. 136 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\menu.o(.text+0x44e4):C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\menu.cpp first defined here
    13. C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.o(.text$_ZN17ApplicationWindowD1Ev[ApplicationWindow::~ApplicationWindow()]+0x0) In function `ZThn8_N17ApplicationWindowD1Ev':
    14. 136 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.o(.text$_ZN17ApplicationWindowD1Ev[ApplicationWindow::~ApplicationWindow()]+0x0) multiple definition of `ApplicationWindow::~ApplicationWindow()'
    15. 136 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\menu.o(.text+0x3eb8):C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\menu.cpp first defined here
    16. C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.o(.data+0x0) In function `ZThn8_N17ApplicationWindowD1Ev':
    17. 136 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_mainwindow.o(.data+0x0) multiple definition of `ApplicationWindow::staticMetaObject'
    18. 2493 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_menu.o(.data+0x0):C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\bits\locale_facets.tcc first defined here
    19. 2493 C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\moc_menu.o(.data+0x0):C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\bits\locale_facets.tcc ld returned 1 exit status
    20. C:\root\dev\Qt\sms data\sms\Makefile [Build Error] [sms.exe] Error 1
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

I don't where to start looking for the problem.
    Do you ?
    Do you want me to sow some of my code ?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: Qt 4.1.3 - XP - TrayIcon

Check whether HEADERS and SOURCES variables in your .pro file don't contain duplicate entries.

3. The following user says thank you to jacek for this useful post:

incapacitant (31st May 2006)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

They do, but I did not find right away. Thanks

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Strange behaviour

If I code :
    Qt Code:
    1. connect(pbClose, SIGNAL(clicked()), SLOT(showMinimized()));

The application is minimized as any other application, but if I double-click on the icon it is restored. It is displayed both as minimized application and iconfied.

If I code
    Qt Code:
    1. connect(pbClose, SIGNAL(clicked()), SLOT(toggleVisibility()));

The application is correctly iconfied only but when I double-click on the icon it is reminimized without me doing anything. It won't stay restored.

I am lost.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Windows

Hello

Here is the connect code for the trayicon :
    Qt Code:
    1. connect(mTray, SIGNAL(clicked(const QPoint &, int)), SLOT(toggleVisibility()));
    2. connect(pbClose, SIGNAL(clicked()), SLOT(showMinimized()));
    3. connect(mTray, SIGNAL(closed()), SLOT(slotTrayClosed()));
    4. connect(aQuitAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), SLOT(close()));

All works well but there are two problems :
    - the application is both minimized in the task bar and iconfied
    - then when I click on the icon to close, it closes the application but the icon remains until you hover about it, then it goes.