Thread: Static build of Qt-embedded applications

Qt products
    Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Static build of Qt-embedded applications

Hi all,

I'm trying to cross-compile an application statically linked to Qt-Embedded (open-source license).
    My host is Ubuntu Linux 32-bit on a PC. My target is Linux running on a ARM9.

I dowloaded Qt-embedded and built them using:

./configure -release -static -no-largefile -no-accessibility -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ -prefix <destinazione> -little-endian -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2 -opensource -no-qt3support -no-webkit -no-openssl -silent -no-cups -no-opengl -qt-gfx-linuxfb

This is supposed to build a static version of QT libraries, isn't it ?

Then, I modified the mkspecs/common/g++.conf file, adding -static to QMAKE_LFLAGS.

However, when compiling the application, I get several errors:

Qt Code:
    1. /home/cloud/ev-sdk/rootfs/armle-fs/lib//libQtCore.a(qfsfileengine_unix.o): In function `QFSFileEngine::owner(QAbstractFileEngine::FileOwner) const':
    2. qfsfileengine_unix.cpp:(.text+0x7e4): warning: Using 'getgrgid_r' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
    3. qfsfileengine_unix.cpp:(.text+0x6a0): warning: Using 'getpwuid_r' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
    4. /home/cloud/ev-sdk/rootfs/armle-fs/lib//libQtGui.a(qapplication_qws.o): In function `QWSDisplay::Data::flushCommands()':
    5. qapplication_qws.cpp:(.text+0x9cc): undefined reference to `QAbstractSocket::flush()'
    6. /home/cloud/ev-sdk/rootfs/armle-fs/lib//libQtGui.a(qapplication_qws.o): In function `QWSDisplay::Data::flush()':
    7. qapplication_qws.cpp:(.text+0xa28): undefined reference to `QAbstractSocket::flush()'
    8. /home/cloud/ev-sdk/rootfs/armle-fs/lib//libQtGui.a(qapplication_qws.o): In function `QWSDisplay::Data::~Data()':
    9. qapplication_qws.cpp:(.text+0x282c): undefined reference to `QAbstractSocket::flush()'
    10. /home/cloud/ev-sdk/rootfs/armle-fs/lib//libQtGui.a(qapplication_qws.o): In function `QWSDisplay::Data::~Data()':
    11. qapplication_qws.cpp:(.text+0x2b28): undefined reference to `QAbstractSocket::flush()'
    12. /home/cloud/ev-sdk/rootfs/armle-fs/lib//libQtGui.a(qapplication_qws.o): In function `QWSDisplay::Data::waitForQCopResponse()':
    13. qapplication_qws.cpp:(.text+0x9110): undefined reference to `QAbstractSocket::flush()'
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

Any help will be very appreciated.

Many thanks.

Thanks
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11

Default Re: Static build of Qt-embedded applications

You should not need to modify the mkspec. Passing -static to configure is enough. It will be inherited to your applications makefile as well. The error messages look like there is no QtNetwork.a. Do you have one?
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.