Thread: Qt4.6.0 release cross compiling error

Thanks

Default Qt4.6.0 release cross compiling error

Hi,

I am crossing compile Qt4.6 for arm. my configure arguments like below:

Qt Code:
    1. ./configure -prefix /opt -opensource -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ -nomake demo -nomake example -nomake docs -no-webkit -no-qt3support -phonon -phonon-backend -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2 -I ~/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/ -L ~/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib -I ~/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I ~/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10 -I /home/user/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/libxml2/ -lglib-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lxml2 -v
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

at the end of configuration, I got:

Qt Code:
    1. SQLite support ...... plugin (qt)
    2. OpenSSL support ..... yes (run-time)
    3. alsa support ........ yes
    5. Finding project files. Please wait...
    6. Project MESSAGE: Unknown PROJECT: libsss
    7. Project MESSAGE: Unknown PROJECT: libsss
    8. 782 projects found.
    10. Creating makefiles. Please wait...
    12. Qt is now configured for building. Just run 'make'.
    13. Once everything is built, you must run 'make install'.
    14. Qt will be installed into /opt
    16. To reconfigure, run 'make confclean' and 'configure'.

it don't create any makefiles at all. so when I type "make", it does nothing. why did this happen? or what did I do wrong?

Thanks

Default Re: Qt4.6.0 release cross compiling error

Hi, I don't know why above errors happened. but until I redo unpacking Qt sources package, and configure like below, it can read pro file and generate Makefiles. after then,
    I can issue "make" to compile Qt.

Qt Code:
    1. ./configure -prefix /opt -opensource -embedded arm -xplatform qws/linux-arm-g++ \ -no-qt3support -nomake docs -nomake examples -phonon -phonon-backend -no-webkit \ -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2 -no-nis -no-cups -no-dbus -no-opengl \ -no-openvg -I ~/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/ \ -L ~/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib \ -I ~/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/glib-2.0 \ -I ~/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10 \
    2. -I ~/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/liboil-0.3 \
    3. -I ~/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/libxml2 \
    4. -I ~/hd/OE/angstrom-dev/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/glib-2.0 \
    5. -lglib-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lxml2 -v

but these time, I got new problems. the compilation is stopped at errors:

Qt Code:
    1. You have not explicitly asked to use pkg-config and are cross-compiling.
    2. pkg-config will not be used to automatically query cflag/lib parameters for
    3. dependencies
    5. /home/user/hd/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.0/bin/uic dialogs/qpagesetupwidget.ui -o .uic/release-shared-emb-arm/ui_qpagesetupwidget.h
    6. make[1]: *** [.uic/release-shared-emb-arm/ui_qpagesetupwidget.h] Segmentation fault
    7. make[1]: *** Deleting file `.uic/release-shared-emb-arm/ui_qpagesetupwidget.h'
    8. make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/hd/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.0/src/gui'
    9. make: *** [sub-gui-make_default-ordered] Error 2

I have two questions:

first, I don't set pkg-config when cross compiling, but I set -I, -L options instead. I want to know how to set pkg_config. does it should be set like this "export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/path/to/dir/pkgconfig/" , and then, "./configure ..."? but it seems that didn't work. what did I do wrong?

the second, the building process is stopped by the uic segmentation fault. the uic generated can't create cpp source from Qt ui files. I checked it using "file uic", It shows that it's a x86 binary. I replaced it with local uic( from another qt for desktop x11), it can get through the errors. why? and what happened?

I really appreciate your help.

3. The following user says thank you to favor for this useful post:

huanghaili (25th October 2011)

I have been having the same problem,
    and I am starting to believe UIC tool has problem when you compile it with threads.
    If you, in fact, do not link towards a thread libraries (and you remove the packages which need threads)
    to me the compilation works fine. But I have not found a solution to compile it with threads and succesfully

Any help would be highly appreciated
    Last edited by edmondo1984; 8th March 2010 at 09:03.

I actually solved that, see another thread of mine.
    http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/2874...799#post135799
    Regards
    Edmondo