Thread: refreshtest example won't compile in VS2005 with Qt4.6.1 and Qwt 6.0.0-svn

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default refreshtest example won't compile in VS2005 with Qt4.6.1 and Qwt 6.0.0-svn

I have just downloaded the latest Qt 4.6.1 and also the trunk version of Qwt 6.0.0-svn. Because I am using MSVC 2005 I recompiled from scratch the Qt libraries without issue. I then tried to compile the Qwt library (note both done with debug-and-release build settings) which went smoothly until it tried to compile the refreshtest example. This it compiled but failed the link stage with:

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.762
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

rc -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQWT_DLL -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_NO_KEYWORDS -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -fo obj\refreshtest_resource.res refreshtest_resource.rc
    compiling .\circularbuffer.cpp .\panel.cpp .\plot.cpp .\mainwindow.cpp .\main.cpp
    circularbuffer.cpp
    panel.cpp
    plot.cpp
    mainwindow.cpp
    main.cpp
    Generating Code...
    compiling moc\moc_panel.cpp moc\moc_plot.cpp
    moc_panel.cpp
    moc_plot.cpp
    Generating Code...
    linking ..\..\examples\bin\refreshtest.exe
    panel.obj : fatal error LNK1179: invalid or corrupt file: duplicate COMDAT '??0<unnamed-tag>@Settings@@QAE@XZ'
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'echo' : return code '0x49b'
    Stop.

It seems to fail in the same way regardless of whether release or debug builds are selected. All other examples build fine so I just commented this one out.

I have seen an MS reference to this error here, but it seemed to indicate a situation which I don't believe is valid in this case, where there can be a name comflict due to certain compiler flag options. I also got this error when I tried Qt 4.6.0 and Qwt 5.2.0 and 5.x-svn.

The only workaround for this I have found was by way of a reference to a problem under VC 6.0 here, where if you explicitly set the Inline Function Expansion to Only __inline (/Ob1) then the problem goes away, but I don't understand why.

Correction, the above only worked for the debug build within MSVC not the release build!

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by mike_the_tv; 20th January 2010 at 10:30. Reason: Additional information.