Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Thumbs down Qt and the Win32 API.

Hello guys,

Recently i've been asked to develop a wrapper between an existing application ("Coded" with Windev) and a device driver.
    The device driver documentation is very clear, and i've chosen to use a few Qt classes for that purpose.
    The problem is in one of the device driver API function, which requires a HWND as a parameter for it's "Start Up" function.
    Then, the supposedly passed HWND would get notified via posted messages of the advancement of the startup, and of the device state...

i am totally off windows programming, it's been 7 years that i've only been coding cross-platform, or linux / unix exclusively... So i'm kind of stuck here.

My first guess would be to create a QThread, and try to manufacture a structure as close as a HWND is, so it can receive the message. But seriously, i've no idea on how to do that...

Can someone give me a clue, or help me a bit on this one please (Of course, i still want to avoid to use any Win32 specific code in the wrapper)?

[EDIT]i forgot... The library i'm writing will act like a bridge and will not have any window... So i'm looking for any other way to get the posted messages to the HWND object.[/EDIT]
    Pierre.
    Last edited by hickscorp; 21st January 2010 at 15:33.