Hello friends! I am trying to accomplish exactly what the OP of this thread asked, only I'm using Qt Creator on Windows to code and build my programs. So, I think it's a matter of properly buiding a static version of Qt and setting up Qt Creator to recognize and use this version of Qt. Here's what I have done so far:

1. Installed the latest version (2010.01) of the complete Qt SDK with MinGW compiler from Nokia. Target installation directory was C:\Qt\2010.01. This installation works perfectly and I can code and build versions of my programs with shared linkage with no problems
  2. Downloaded the latest version (4.6.1) of the Qt sources only from ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/. The exact filename is qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.1.tar.gz
  3. Created a second directory named C:\Qt\2010.01_Static and extracted there all the contents of the above tarball
  4. Using the Qt Command Prompt from the already installed Qt SDK, I navigated to C:\Qt\2010.01_Static and built a static version of Qt following these instructions
  5. Ran Qt Creator, opened Tools > Options... > Qt4 > Qt Versions and tried to add a new "item" indicating the static version of Qt to be used

After pointing to the location of qmake.exe inside C:\Qt\2010.01_Static, it seems that Qt Creator does not recognize this static build of Qt:

qtcreator.png

Any hints on what am I missing here?

TIA,
parsifal