Thread: how to running a debug Qt program on another pc with QT and visual studio platform?

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default how to running a debug Qt program on another pc with QT and visual studio platform?

My current platform is QT4.6.0+Visual Studio 2008+ Win7, commercial version Qt. I want to run a debug version qt program on another PC that not installed Qt and Visual C++ environment. I had copy QtCored4.dll,QtGuid4.dll,QtSqld4.dll and Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT.manifest, msvcm90d.dll, msvcp90d.dll and msvcr90d.dll files to the exe program folder. but the program failed running, the wrong message is "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem".

The text in Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT.manifest file is :
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
    <noInheritable></noInheritable>
    <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT" version="9.0.30729.4148" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
    <file name="msvcr90d.dll" hashalg="SHA1" hash="af453f3ee64ff975e704d8241daee695e423e6b8"><a smv2:hash xmlns:asmv2="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2" xmlns:dsig="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"><dsig:Transforms>

However, the CMainFrame.exe.intermediate.manifest (CMainFrame is my program name) which is auto created by compiler, and locate in the compiler debug folder is like this:
    <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT' version='9.0.21022.8' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b' />
    </dependentAssembly>
    </dependency>

that mean's the version of depended files are different! May be this is the problem that lead the program failed. but I do not know how to solve it. Any help will be appreciate!

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded Qt Jambi
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: how to running a debug Qt program on another pc with QT and visual studio platfo

Hi

first open your application in depend.exe (dependency walker). that will show you if any component is missing.

you might need to install missing msm files in debug version on windows 7 however in win 7 most of required msm is default installed. Check winSXS folder for your manifest and dll files specific to msvc.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: how to running a debug Qt program on another pc with QT and visual studio platfo

If you build it (Qt and application) on Windows 7 and want to run on previous version of windows then you might have problem like you have :] I have a Windows 7 x64 and Qt built from sources with VS2005 and I'm unable to run my app on windows XP even with all the dependencies verified with Dependency Walker (and it is depends.exe with "s" at the end :P). The solution is to rebuild your app on Windows XP in this case.
    I would like to be a "Guru"

Useful hints (try them before asking):
    1. Use Qt Assistant
    2. Search the forum

If you haven't found solution yet then create new topic with smart question.

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

I fellow this way
    http://www.nuonsoft.com/blog/2008/10...dio-libraries/
    by adding the _BIND_TO_CURRENT_VCLIBS_VERSION macro for compiling and find the lib version in program folder is 9.0.21022.8, and copy corresponding dll from Winsxs folder to the exe folder. the program also failed. It sames that this way can only suitable for release program.