Thread: customising the qfledialog box in qt4.5.2

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Question customising the qfledialog box in qt4.5.2

hi everyone ,

i am trying to customize the qfiledialog box [Qt 4.5.2]due to the following reason :

1. i am expexcting the following functionality from qfiledialogbox : after i enter a directory name in the file name option . If the
    directory is present then the qfiledialog should navigate to the that particular directory and should also clear the directory name from the
    file name option . [This works if i use the option existingfiles ]

2.However after navigating inside that directory if i try to create a new file by by entering the file name then the save option gets disabled [option : existingfiles ]. This is the problem . i also wish to save the new files with the functionality as mentioned in option 1 intact .:

Can some one plz suggest a possible way out of this problem . Also if some can suggest how to customise the qfiledialogbox using the source code or anyother way then it will be very helpful . Kindly do quote an example " ie with valid sample code "

Thanx in advance !!!!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Re: customising the qfledialog box in qt4.5.2

some one plz reply to this query ...its urgent ........

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

its my humble request to all to contribute something to this query ...........

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

I'm not sure if I understand your problem, but if the QFileDialog doesn't behave as expected on the platform you're using (Linux, I guess), then maybe you are trying to do something that should be done in some other way.
    Maybe you can let the user select a default -allready existing- directory and after that give a filename to write to.

This could also be impemented as a custom dialog with a treeview filled with directories and a textedit to give a filename.

I hope this is of any help as I understand you are getting a little desperate...

5. The following user says thank you to boudie for this useful post:

netfanatic (9th March 2010)

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

could u plz classify with the help of an example ...........thanx in advance !!!