Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QIde, a new IDE for Qt4

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QIde, a new IDE for Qt4

I would miss forum and mail during approximately two weeks. If there are questions, I will answer at this time.

Thanks
    QDevelop, an complete Integrated Development Environment for Qt 4: http://qdevelop.org

Thanks
    Thanked 1,519 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60 Maemo/MeeGo

Quote Originally Posted by jlbrd
    It is what these two lines? I do not understand.
    There are even more empty lines (14) for me..
    Also, the shortcut table doesn't react to changing width of the dialog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    J-P Nurmi

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

There are even more empty lines (14) for me..
    Ok it's solved. Available with next release.
    QDevelop, an complete Integrated Development Environment for Qt 4: http://qdevelop.org

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Smile Re: QIde, a new IDE for Qt4

Hi,

The hiding buttons on the window docks are borked under Qt4.2-rsync, if you compile against Qt4.2 you should not use those buttons at all.

Another oopses I found:

Open a project, then press the first button on the toolbar (to create a new project). The current project is closed, even if I press cancel (close the current project, only when opening a new one, not when you activate that commands).

Inserting a new QMainWindow from the menus, will crash Qtdesigner 4.1.X. Did not test with 4.2.x.

A new feature request:
    When I open a file (btw, missing shortcut -> ctrl+O), I would like the that dialog to remember it's location. This can be done by setting up a static QString in that function, making it the default directory, and if the user aproved the action, set it up for the next time.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

The hiding buttons on the window docks are borked under Qt4.2-rsync, if you compile against Qt4.2 you should not use those buttons at all.
    After a long time, I think it's a Qt bug. This bug appear when QDockWidget is subclassed then dock is moved when dock is docked. To verify run the project in attachment file. I sended a request to Qt bugtrack.

Open a project, then press the first button on the toolbar (to create a new project). The current project is closed, even if I press cancel (close the current project, only when opening a new one, not when you activate that commands).

Inserting a new QMainWindow from the menus, will crash Qtdesigner 4.1.X. Did not test with 4.2.x.
    Thanks, it's solved for next release.

A new feature request:
    Ok I will do it.

EDIT : To see the bug, run ./dockwidget in gdb !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jlbrd; 2nd August 2006 at 09:28.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

the attached example works fine. am i missing something.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Load with gdb then launch. Move dock "Cutomers" on other place. Normaly the program stop on "assert" warning.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

ok, now i see

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

A new task was created on Qt Task Tracker. Then wait and see...

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi,
    The version 0.16 is released on http://qide.free.fr. On this version :
    Corrections :
    - Add good templates (QDialog, QMainWindow and QWidget) for forms (.ui) append.
    - The find method of executable name was rewritten and work better.
    - Shortcuts dialog was rewritten to delete empty lines.
    - Good compatibility 64bits.
    Adds :
    - On editor, the tabs can be replaced by spaces.
    - The end-of-line can be configured to Default, Unix or Windows mode. In Linux mode, the lines are terminated by "\n". In Windows by "\r\n". In default mode, the end-of-line terminators are translated to the local encoding.
    - By right-clic on Dialog (.ui) on "Project Explorer" (see screenshots), it is possible to create or update the files subclassed. The auto-connect slots can be selected and created on implementation files. A form can have many implementations, then an combo list already existing implementations. It is possible to create new implementations.

Elcuco : It is not possible to create the implementation at the same time as the dialogue. Indeed, with its creation, the dialogue is empty and its name is Dialog. It is to better create the subclass when widgets are present and the dialog correctly named.

A forum is now present on http://qide.free.fr/forum to assure technical support.
    Last edited by jlbrd; 6th August 2006 at 15:14.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi jlbrd,

Wow boy I was wrong... I thought that asking the user for a dialog name was a good idea... you definetly proved me wrong. I like your implementation, it just saves so much work, and I did not konw about all those slots... way cool...

However I looked at the dialog you made, and I did not like them. They contain too much white space, and lot "real estate". I edited on the designer a little bit and got what I think better results: the slots/signals space is now much larger and more readable. I am attaching here screen shots and the new UI files.

As for problems/requests in this version, some minimal things:

1. goto line dialog
    2. replace dialog
    3. inline search dialog
    4. a "dont ask again" checkbox on the quit dialog (or option to disable on the configuration, much better).
    5. get rid of those tab widgets in the dock windows, they are useless now, just use QDockWidgets for everything and demand Qt 4.2...

Now I have a special request:
    I am using a lot the subdirs template. One of my sub-projects is a library, and others are applications (or other libraries). Sometimes I would like to build or execute only a project. What I am proposing, is the way that visual studio works: right lick a sub-project (or the main project) to make it the default, and the "run, make, clean, debug" commands will apply only to it. Is it hard to implement this stuff?

/me happy puppy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hello,

firstly thanks for QIde, it seems to really promissing IDE.

My few observations:

1. When no project is open, cannot DragNDrop .pro file to QIde for project to be open.
    2. Strange squares appear at the end of the line in Build window (see shot1).
    3. If general version is debug and I try to run project, shot2 window always appears. It's really annoying. I would suggest to remove it completely (during development I always want to run debug version) or at least make "do not display again" option.
    4. It would be wonderfull if there were color schemes in QIde, ie. black, I really like vim's pablo color scheme when editing code (shot3)
    5. There seems to be a little bug (or is it the way it's ment to be?) with customing syntax highlighting colors, see shot4.
    6. A Faire.txt - should be english. Consider INSTALL.txt file, mention to run "qmake -recursive" not just "qmake" before make, otherwise you'll get. "doc" directory contains only french documentation, if you plan to make QIde "worldwide" consider english instead

F:\qt-devel\QIde-0.15>qmake

F:\qt-devel\QIde-0.15>make
    cd Ide && mingw32-make -f Makefile
    mingw32-make[1]: Makefile: No such file or directory
    mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Makefile'. Stop.
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `F:/qt-devel/QIde-0.15/Ide'
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `F:/qt-devel/QIde-0.15/Ide'
    mingw32-make: *** [sub-Ide-make_default] Error 2

And need to "cd Ide" && qmake && make

7. Context menu on Build tab would be fine to configure how verbose compilation should be (right click, I think kdevelop has this feature).

QIde 0.16, Qt 4.2.0-tp1, win2000, mingw

Just saw http://qide.free.fr/forum/ but too late

Best regards.
    Last edited by sector; 8th August 2006 at 01:13.

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi,

Elcuco : Your 4 first requests will be made. For the number 5, ok for "project explorer" but not for "Output" dock because it has 3 tab. I will not create 3 docks !
    for your special request, it is already done partly. Indeed,if your project contain most executable (it's a sub-project), when you choose "Run", QIde show a dialog to choose the executable to debug. If you check "Don't ask...", the same program will be always launched.

sector:
    1: Yes, I will add it if it is possible.
    2: Only on Windows. Not on Linux. I will modify.
    3. If none is displayed, you can launch an old program without the knowledge. If you are on "Debug mode" run 'Start on Debugger', on "Release mode" run "Start Program" and you will not have a message.
    4. Yes good suggestion, thanks.
    5. It's not a bug, just a small problem of showing.
    6. A Faire.txt it's for me (but I could remove it ). I try to do everything in English (site, interface) but it's hard for me.
    For "qmake -recursive", it's a Qt 4.2 bug and not a QIde bug. With 4.1.4, make work fine with subdirs.
    Warning : Your qmake command is on QIde-0.15 directory and you say to me that you have 0.16.

Thank you for these remarks

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Hi,

is possible download QIde from svn?

thanks,

--David

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

No, the archive is available in zip format on http://qide.free.fr/download/

But why do you prefer svn?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Hi Jean-Luc,

I prefer svn because I can update only the files that are modified.... and I can send you patches easily.

--David

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

Hi,
    The version 0.17 is released on http://qide.free.fr. On this version :
    Corrections :
    - Some small defaults.
    Adds :
    - Code completion available thanks to Frédéric Julian (fred.julian AT gmail.com) for his excellent work. Completion need ctags under Linux and Windows. On Linux it is normaly installed with package developement. On Windows it should be downloaded on the site of ctags: http://ctags.sourceforge.net/
    - Possibility to change background color of editors in options dialog.
    - Goto line dialog.
    - Replace dialog.
    - Find works like in Firefox at bottom of editors (special feature for Elcuco ).

It's the first version with code completion. Please say me if it works fine for you or encountered problems.
    Last edited by jlbrd; 12th August 2006 at 19:16.

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

hi,

been looking at the new software for an hour (got it before you announced here... he...), nice new features, btw, the replace and goto line dialog can be done also without poping out a new window.

the ctags support works on win32 as well. slow as hell (and practically unsable at the moment. you are parsing the tags file on each request, which imho is not very efficiant. (timer? when saving files and the initial openning?). i see also that you can detect this code:

Qt Code:
    1. s.toLow{er(}
    To copy to clipboard, switch view to plain text mode 

quite cool. this does messes up the code a little bit, and removes some lines but it looks very promissing. you can also remove those hacky regex that check for function definitions, use the infromation gives by the ctags system, and even imlpement a class view.

i also noticed that the loading time for indiviual files has increased.

thanks for the hige update!

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

QIde-0.17-a - crash when project not found anymore

Situation: I had a test project in directory which QIde always loaded after start. When I deleted this dir with project, OIde says: The project ... don't exists. (should be "doesn't exist" by the way:-) and crashes.

I recompiled in debug mode, here is backtrace from GDB:

Starting program: F:\qt-devel\QIde-0.17-a\bin/QIde.exe
    warning: QLayout::addChildWidget: Dock "dockExplorateur" is already in a layout; moved to new layout

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    0x005904cb in QTreeWidgetItem::text (this=0x0, column=0)
    at F:/qt/Qt_4.2.0-tp1/include/QtGui/../../src/gui/itemviews/qtreewidget.h:75
    75 { return data(column, Qt::DisplayRole).toString(); }
    Current language: auto; currently c++
    #0 0x005904cb in QTreeWidgetItem::text (this=0x0, column=0)
    at F:/qt/Qt_4.2.0-tp1/include/QtGui/../../src/gui/itemviews/qtreewidget.h:75
    #1 0x00442c66 in GestionProjet::repertoireProjet (this=0x0, it=0x0)
    at src/gestionprojet.cpp:1204
    #2 0x0046018f in MainImpl::ouvrirFichier (this=0x491aa90,
    listeEmplacements=0x22fc10, numLigne=-1, modeSilencieux=false)
    at src/mainimpl.cpp:903
    #3 0x0045ab16 in MainImpl::lectureINI (this=0x491aa90) at src/mainimpl.cpp:623
    #4 0x0044b925 in qMain (argc=1, argv=0x3f443e8) at src/main.cpp:61
    #5 0x004a594f in WinMain (instance=0x400000, prevInstance=0x0, cmdShow=10)
    at qtmain_win.cpp:103
    #6 0x004a54da in main ()

Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows

This problem is corrected for the next version. If you want before this future version you can change the variable nomAbsoluFichierProjet or remove the file ./config/QIde.conf in your home directory. Under Windows find and change the variable with regedit.

should be "doesn't exist"
    Thanks to tell me when the English in interface is not correct.

EDIT : Other solution simpler. Pass a project name to QIde on command line in a terminal or cmd.exe : QIde.exe myProject.pro and the project will be open without crash.
    Last edited by jlbrd; 14th August 2006 at 19:58.