Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows
    Wiki edits

Default QT4 and Vista/Windows 7 High Screen DPI

Hi All,

First a detour through ancient history

I have the dubious honour of maintaining a VB6 application (steam-driven I know). With the imminent arrival of Windows 7 I have had a few users complain of issues with layout breakage, particularly with label text. Not surprising, given the essentially fixed layout of VB6 forms. To see exactly the sort of thing that happens look below. I initially had issues reproducing the corruption but it seems to be the result of Win 7 defaulting to high DPI settings on install (or the user setting them).

Now the stuff we care about...

I've tried a few simple Qt programs with high DPI settings with only mild layout differences but I wonder if anyone here has had experience of Qt's behaviour under these conditions for real-life applications? How well, if at all, does the layout engine cope with the DPI variation? Are there obvious defensive programming approaches that should be used?

I will be rewriting the application in Qt over the coming months, so any collective wisdom could help me avoid these issues repeating.

Regards,
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt3 Qt4 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows

Default Re: QT4 and Vista/Windows 7 High Screen DPI

dont worry.. qt will work fine on win 7.... if you want to check just download any qt app and try it.. i suppose google earth would be the best choice..

Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    MacOS X Unix/X11 Windows Symbian S60

Default Re: QT4 and Vista/Windows 7 High Screen DPI

i must install it on disk not C ( beacase UAC )