Thread: Can I obtain original foreign key value (or table row) from QSqlRelationalTableModel?

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4
    Platforms
    Unix/X11

Default Can I obtain original foreign key value (or table row) from QSqlRelationalTableModel?

Hi,

I'm using QSqlRelationalTableModel but unfortunately, it removes the foreign key fields and replaces them with the displayColumn value from the related model.

Example:

Table "Foo" has a column called bar_id which references table "Bar". Foo is represented by a QSqlRelationTableModel and has the Bar table set as a relation. Any records fetched from the Foo relational model will no longer have a column/field named "bar_id". Instead, the column name will resemble the display column name, set when attaching the relation.

My question is: How can I get the rest of the data from Bar? I can't do a filter+select on the Bar table, because I don't have access to bar_id anymore. Is there some way of obtaining the original foreign key, or can I get the related row from the Bar table in another way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
    Qt products
    Qt4 Qt5 Qt/Embedded
    Platforms
    Unix/X11 Windows Android

Default Re: Can I obtain original foreign key value (or table row) from QSqlRelationalTableMo

see http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/2860...onalTableModel for similar question and possible workaround.